The online racing simulator
Round 4 Pre-Discussion
So guys, tell me your experiance in R4 track/car combo. How fast are you? i do get 1:24 from my first practice session
Quote from kABLiuks :So guys, tell me your experiance in R4 track/car combo. How fast are you? i do get 1:24 from my first practice session

I haven't yet put in a lap because I can't get round the track without skidding off.
#3 - TG44
Quote from JO53PHS :I haven't yet put in a lap because I can't get round the track without skidding off.

Yea lol same for me... as i started using my crappy Playstation 1 wheel less than a week ago....

(used a gamepad in race one and two)
Live for Speed Beginner's Cup Round 4 Information

Track: Aston NORTH
Cars available: FXO, RB4, XRT
Laps: 7
Start Type: Standing
FP1: Saturday 23 Feb 2008 1900-2000 GMT
FP2: Saturday 23 Feb 2008 2300-2400 GMT
FP3: Sunday, 24 Feb 2008 0300-0400 GMT
FP4: Sunday, 24 Feb 2008 1630-1730 GMT
Qualify starts at 1900 GMT Sunday.

Lag Start will occur at 1926.

d
#5 - TomMK
Good choice of cars available - front wheel drive, 4 wheel drive and rear wheel drive all together.
From what I can gather:
  • New S2'ers will probably use the XRT (They have adapted to it from the demo)
  • Beginners will use the RB4 (Easy to control)
  • Those wanting a challenge will use the FXO (Slightly faster, but needs correct set and driving skills)
So...what will YOU take?
#7 - J@tko
Quote from kABLiuks :So guys, tell me your experiance in R4 track/car combo. How fast are you? i do get 1:24 from my first practice session

1.24? in what car - a BF1? Look at the combo sheet again. Otherwise - you're bloody quick, and beaten the WR by nearly a minute.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :From what I can gather:
  • New S2'ers will probably use the XRT (They have adapted to it from the demo)
  • Beginners will use the RB4 (Easy to control)
  • Those wanting a challenge will use the FXO (Slightly faster, but needs correct set and driving skills)
So...what will YOU take?

I was gonna drive the RB4 as a laugh. Watch me as I drift round the entire course. I'll be driving the FXO, even though I hate it as I have a nice skin already and I won't spin off.
d'oh no its 2:22 sorry... but i will use RB4, while its the easiest to take control and move round slow corner without killing tyres
Quote from J@tko :1.24? in what car - a BF1? Look at the combo sheet again. Otherwise - you're bloody quick, and beaten the WR by nearly a minute.

I was gonna drive the RB4 as a laugh. Watch me as I drift round the entire course. I'll be driving the FXO, even though I hate it as I have a nice skin already and I won't spin off.

The FXO is my favourite car to look at and skin (because you can make it into a Volvo, BMW, Audi or pretty much anything you want)

But I hate it to drive lol
I'd really like to race with you guys but I'm probably going to miss this race as well due to work.

All I have to say is round 5 I will be back in full force!
Before season started when the server was changing combos every once in a while I got a 1:23.220 in XRT... I think I can beat it though.

I also think ill be using XRT but not because im used to it but more because I have an ultimate set created by Devil Z !

- Off Topic - I HAVE MY NEW PC 200 FPS YEAHHH!!!
Quote from evilpimp :Before season started when the server was changing combos every once in a while I got a 1:23.220 in XRT... I think I can beat it though.

I also think ill be using XRT but not because im used to it but more because I have an ultimate set created by Devil Z !

- Off Topic - I HAVE MY NEW PC 200 FPS YEAHHH!!!

HAHA Mine Pwns yours, 200 FPS and I once got 360
Quote from JO53PHS :HAHA Mine Pwns yours, 200 FPS and I once got 360

btw its 210 with highest graphics settings I bet if i put it down i can get 300. Besides there isnt a difference you can feel between 200 and 360 lol. It feels the same, its lag free from 75 since its ur monitors refresh rate (At least tthats were mine is)
Well FXO would be the obvious choice for the beginners, it is by far the easiest to drive - and the quickest, too
Quote from niall09 :Well FXO would be the obvious choice for the beginners, it is by far the easiest to drive - and the quickest, too

But itll burn the tires so quickly... Its a how many lap race 10?
Read 10 posts up - it's a 7 lap race

1 set of rubbers should be no problem in any car for 7 laps I'd say...
#17 - TG44
well the track isn't too short imo...

I'll be driving the XRT. cos i'll kill the tyres in an RB4 and i hate to drive the FXO. (and i love RWD!!!!! )

but yea you'll see a lot of drifting from me in the race.. (I just can't help it.. it's the fastest way to go around the corners in an XRT anyway...)

just gotta get myself a lap time now....
hmm, I'd probably be faster around AS if we put barriers down the middle and put /cruise on
Quote from dougie-lampkin :hmm, I'd probably be faster around AS if we put barriers down the middle and put /cruise on

:biggun::noob:
Quote from evilpimp :But itll burn the tires so quickly... Its a how many lap race 10?

The XRT will burn its rears just as fast
so far a 2:23 offline is my best but consistantly about 2:24-2:25 over a race distance. Looking forward to FP!
I will have the server on practice mode all weekend, the FPs will be run in qualify mode as per usual.

Only official LFSBC Sessions are the FPs and Qual and Race.

d
Oh dear. Just done combo for first time and got a 2.26. I can do a 2.25, but not very well. It'll be a fantastic video - people will be sliding their cars all over the place. IMO, AS NO is the best track in LFS. It has a bit of everything, but most of all, the fast, twisty back section that is my favourite part of any track.

I might drop out of this one, and drive the SC.
I _could_ do the whole back section flat out, but if this is going to be in a video, I'd rather not risk the inevitable fail
If I'm in, I pray that the FXO drivers melt their fronts, the XRT drivers do nothing but drift all over the place, and that the RB4 drivers are just outright slower than me.

Why?

Because I didn't practice.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG