The online racing simulator
Good G25 setup?
(13 posts, started )
Good G25 setup?
Hi i have had my g25 for over a month now and i have been using 270Degrees i am pretty good but not really that competetive but i want to win in Crta server 1 so i need a good setup for my g25 to use with a XFG can anyone tell me what ff level i should have or what degrees i should have.

thanks in advance
Its the man, not the machine ((c) Chuck Yeager)
Here, i agree.
rofl but so thrue
no it isnt the man it is the machine i can find a good setting is 270degrees to little for xfg
I set it to 900° in the profiler.
LFS takes care of the rest on a per car basis, IIRC.
Though I might be wrong here - I own my G25 for just a week now.

Greetings,
buk
#8 - Jakg
Quote from viper-2007 :no it isnt the man it is the machine i can find a good setting is 270degrees to little for xfg

I use a G25 and 540° and i've never needed a "special" setup.

Without being offensive, you've got less than 4,000 miles done - You really need more experience to get to grips with the cars, i'm tempted to agree about it being the man and not the machine...
Quote from bukhem :I set it to 900° in the profiler.

Greetings,
buk

Nope, you're right. I've got mine set to 900 and in-game I turned my wheel compensation to .05 and my steering wheel always matches the in game steering wheel as far as how much it turns.
Quote from bukhem :I set it to 900° in the profiler.

Greetings,
buk

Cool thanks, I've been manually setting mine in the profiler on a car by car basis.. quite annoying

Quote from UncleBenny :Nope, you're right. I've got mine set to 900 and in-game I turned my wheel compensation to .05 and my steering wheel always matches the in game steering wheel as far as how much it turns.

If that's true, then wouldn't wheel compensation do absolutely nothing? i.e. it wouldn't matter if it was set to 0, 0.5 or 1 since the wheel rotation matches the in-game rotation anyway.
Quote from Technique :If that's true, then wouldn't wheel compensation do absolutely nothing? i.e. it wouldn't matter if it was set to 0, 0.5 or 1 since the wheel rotation matches the in-game rotation anyway.

There have been discussions about this in the past that I can't remember all the details of, but if I'm remembering correctly, as long as you set your compensation to anything above 0 it works correctly.

I think if you set it to 0, then the lock on the in-game wheel matched the lock of your real life wheel, so if you were in a single seater that only had 270°, you'd have to turn it 900° in real life to get to the lock. I could be wrong here, can't find the thread right now though.

edit: I think this is the thread I was thinking of:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=15943
So if i have a G25 i have it at 270 degrees what sort of compensation should i have it at for smooth driving i have it at 0.0 at the moment but it is a bit twitchy in fbm
Not being the total master of this but put both profiler(some say not to use it but mine works great-they use the windows game control panel) and LFS in 720 and wheel turn compensation to 1.0,this will match the degrees depending on the car you use.

hope not to messed things thats what i use and it works just fine.

edit:i used to play with 360 rotation but after i got used the 720 saw that its smoother and much more rewarding cause lower degrees needed more accurate turning and sometimes was quite difficult.I should also mention that even though i was smooth enough and gentle with the tyres now its even better,lasting longer i mean than before(dont know maybe i got better)

Good G25 setup?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG