The online racing simulator
why s1 skins look nicer than s2???
(12 posts, started )
hiya
after having a go on a old s1 demo to see what was before my time i noticed that all the skins are 1024x1024 so they all look so sweet even other drivers cars are that sizeillepall . so why are we having low res skins for the other drivers in S2? is there a way to get 1024x1024 for my s2 skins x folder? plz plz?
#2 - Gunn
Sure, just download or create 1024 x 1024 skins and put them in your skins folder. The main reason for the dramatic change is the use of LFS World which resizes to 512 x 512 (which is the default LFS skin size anyway). 1024 x 1024 default textures were released at the time of the birth of the CMX viewer purely for skinning accuracy. 512 is still the default size. Having said that, you can use higher res if you wish. Many skin makers provide high res skins, even up to 2048 x 2048. It is a personal choice to use these. PC performance may suffer on older systems.

LFS World provides free hosting for many skins. But you can host and distribute your own skins at whatever resolution you wish.
so i put all in skins folder NOT skins x?? do i turn off autodownload of the skins also?? coz they get replaced when i tried before

thx
If you have auto download configured, it would only download the missing skins to your skins_x folder. If you have 1024 skins of the same name, they should not be overwritten.
cool chrz al
Doesn't the autodownload check the dates of the current skin locally and compare it with the LFSWorld skin? Then if LFSW is newer, it will download and replace the older local version? That's what I thought, but I'm on dialup, so I don't autodownload much. So I don't know much about it.
^ yes, it will

(added a comma, sounded harsh without it lol)
Then just keep the 1024 skins in the skins folder and not the skins_X folder
If you have a skin with the same name in both skins and skins_x, it will load the one from the skins folder right?
#10 - Smax
For you on your monitor, yes, for anyone who's viewing you online no.
Quote from Smax :For you on your monitor, yes, for anyone who's viewing you online no.

Well, I just meant the host computer So... If you have a version of a skin you odn't want overwritten when a newer version is uploaded to LFSW (like if you have a 1024 version), just throw it in the skins folder, so it will not be overwritten, and even though it is an older skin, it will still load? Man.. that was a long sentence! :dunce:

MAGGOT
wow thx guys

ill work on it

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG