The online racing simulator
LFS Logitech G15 support?
(13 posts, started )
I just brought a new G15 keyboard (ya know the one with the lcd screen )

Anyway, I just wanted to know if lfs can be/or is supported with it yet.

SiD out.
I was thinking about buying it. I need a new keyboard, because my old one has a whole pizza in it.
The G15 looks good, i think the display is a neat idea, although it's totally pointless in games

Afaik the driver comes with a SDK, so you should be able to support it by yourself (theoretically )
It should be no problem via insim.

I guess sooner or later someone will do it.
Depends what you want to do really, tbh. If you're thinking about setting macro's to those extra keys; that could be useful - like for changing settings mid-race (i.e. if at different parts of the track you want to change the brake bias, etc.)

If you just want to drive the LCD then, as said, a little InSim app should do it.
Well i was thinking of seeing if you can get the tire temps/fuel% etc.

idk.. gonna look into the SDK tonight
(btw, sick keybored)
i ordered it yesterday, but it isn't available in germany until jan/feb.

is it possible to test/programm the display without the actual display? (emulator e.g.)
then i could play around a little bit until it arrives
well, until this one comes out, i'll need a new one
I have the G15 and the Keyboard Profiler does not reconize LFS when it does a automatic search but you can manually make a profile for it and just assign key strokes or macros to the 18 hot keys on the left side of the keyboard. It works very well in the game. I have tyre temps, damage, pit speed limit, and a few other in the bottom six keys G13 - G18 and they work easily.
It cool to see the CPU/RAM usage on the LCD and it even does dual CPU processors with a split line.
I'm still learning it's capabilities.
I'm getting that one as well, would be nice to see some laptimes on the LCD display
Quote from TheJAG :I'm getting that one as well, would be nice to see some laptimes on the LCD display

You may have misunderstood some of my post. The LCD on the keyboard has set programming by logitech. The "hot keys" can manipulate functions in programs. LCD shows lots of stuff but you cannot give it a specific functions to display.
Quote from nmanley :You may have misunderstood some of my post. The LCD on the keyboard has set programming by logitech. The "hot keys" can manipulate functions in programs. LCD shows lots of stuff but you cannot give it a specific functions to display.

sure you can, that's why the drivers come with a SDK!

But you need some knowledge in C++.
Quote from inCogNito :sure you can, that's why the drivers come with a SDK!

But you need some knowledge in C++.

I seeeee.

Last programming I did was Basic A back in early 80's
Back lit keys would be great, do any cheaper keyboards offer this?

As for information, it would be really good to have flags displayed on the keyboard, would allow people to run with shift + f

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG