The online racing simulator
Porsche launches new 911 RSR
(11 posts, started )
#1 - samjh
#2 - robt
that powerband seems a bit short, 750rpm from peak torque to peak power
#3 - ajp71
Quote from robt :that powerband seems a bit short, 750rpm from peak torque to peak power

A racing car has no need for a large powerband, with a very fast 6 speed 'box.
#4 - axus
Quote from ajp71 :A racing car has no need for a large powerband, with a very fast 6 speed 'box.

I'm sorry, what?
#5 - robt
made no sense to me either. itd have to be a crazily short ratio diffrence between gears to only need that 750rpm range, guess theres not much of a drop off after 8,000rpm as the limiter is at 9,400.
It's a GT2 car BTW. And i remember a racing Punto (gen. 2) had only 500 rpm of usable racing area. And maybe the torque graph is very low so it doesn't hurt it going under the max torque RPM.
#8 - samjh
Quote from samjh :I really dislike Porsche's GTn naming system.

It can get confusing: the GT2 roadcar has in fact nothing to do with GT2 race cars, but the GT3 is used as the base for racing cars.
I think the GT3 GT2 racecr is actually a base for the GT3 RS road car :P Well, i think they used a Porsche chassis, made a 'GT3' and then made a road car with scaffolding in the back, rock hard suspension and a bar counter on the back
I can't stand the naming system either, but the car looks great. I can't wait to see it run.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG