The online racing simulator
#1 - Frags
200 mph radio controlled nitro car...
old.................still a cool video though. Now if it only does that down a straight with no wires attached.
fook!
#4 - DR3W
Dang! I sure would hate to see that hit some one , it might hurt just a little ...lol
good find thanx for shering!
nothing new ... but you can guess what the look on my face was like when i first found out about this kind of rc cars and didnt know yet that the scoreboards actually show the sum of speeds achieved in 3 runs
my go kart goes faster than that

imagine what the scale speed of that car is! around 2000mph is my guess if its a 1:10
An amusing proggie on favourite toys on the telly last night included an investigation of the best scale top speeds of scalextric cars. the winner in a scalextric model porsche clocked in at something like 690 mph over a scaled mile straight of track
I've done some quick calculations and that thing is flying around that oval at about 320 kph (198 mph) so it did not actually archieve 200 mph.
Quote from ATHome :I've done some quick calculations and that thing is flying around that oval at about 320 kph (198 mph) so it did not actually archieve 200 mph.

Now do some more and work out how many Gs it is pulling. You wouldn't like to be in it.
it's about 120g, i'm wondering if they've found out what happens when the cable breaks tho'
The world record is 210.176 mph

http://www.amrca.com/wmreslts.htm

Quote from Bob Smith :Now do some more and work out how many Gs it is pulling. You wouldn't like to be in it.

I read somewhere on that site that they pull 90G
Those flying engines are not really cars imo, actually they look more like an airplane, and those can go muuuuch faster :P
Rather fast....but can you really say thats RC, other than an on/off button?
Quote from al heeley :An amusing proggie on favourite toys on the telly last night included an investigation of the best scale top speeds of scalextric cars. the winner in a scalextric model porsche clocked in at something like 690 mph over a scaled mile straight of track

690 mph?! Any videos?
"scale top speed"
-> 1:10 car at 69mph makes 690 mph at 1:1
690 at 1:10 would mean it did some 110 kmh while at 1:8 means it would do some 140 kmh ... so on that basis i assume its a 1:8 petrol car
no, the scalextric car did 690mph and its a 1:32
Yeah, but I think his point was that the amount of control you have over this thing is rather limited...
I never really saw the point in this sort of thing..sure it goes crazy fast, but I'd rather be controlling a 60mph 1:10 truck around a track than a 200mph "thing" around a circle. Each to their own though, thanks for sharing.

So how many guys around here are into RC as well? I know one or two are as I've encounted names like rc10, losi etc in peoples usernames. Seems like sim driving and rc racing almost go hand in hand, for me anyway. See my avatar for my brushless RC10 T2 truck.
i was into rc ... had a yz-10 for a few year ... a friend of mine is still going strong and has a vector and a mr4k4 and lots of planes too

atm were working on a grasshopper brushless onroad mod with vector tyres and maybe ground effect
I've been racing R/C cars on and off for 10 years, although I'll be retiring soon while I go travelling. My trusty Axis 2 can still kick arse amongst the newest cars, it's really the best handling R/C car I've ever driven. Despite it being a few years old, it can still compete with the latest cars.
Nice nice, I have a TC3 with a BMI chassis conversion that I use on local tracks. Great car for this, always feel dialed on carpet. I'd love to race buggy or truck offroad but I'm not aware of any track within 15 miles or so of where I live, and I don't drive so can't really travel. My fav is my T2, its got a custom lexan twin plate chassis, designed to run on 6-12 cells with a long can brushless motor. Just about every part is made of lexan, nylon, titanium or alloy. Bit overkill on the power, but hey its fun. Waterproof as well, was ripping around a field with a mate eariler bashing our trucks in the snow. Would be pretty poor for racing though, its overweight, the handling too precise due to parts flexing, and I don't think I'm aloud to run 12 cells brushless under BRCA rules
I used to race 1:10 onroad ( Yokomo )

Now it's an FG Leopard 1:6 that takes my time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG