The online racing simulator
ALMS Porsche GT2 RSR Specs
(7 posts, started )
If you ever wanted to compare an ALMS (or LMS or Le Mans) GT2 car to the GTR class cars, here is some decent data on the 2008 model.

The thing I found interesting was the differential lock. They list it at 45/65 percent. If they are noting Lock/Coast like LFS does, it is an interesting split. Of course I don't know what the normal notation is for coast vs lock so I could have it backwards.

http://www.planetlemans.com/20 ... uces-its-2008-gt2-weapon/
I'd say 45/65 is healthy setup, won't bite your head off in mid-corner or on exits.
Having a higher coast lock isn't rare, it all depends on how the rest of the car is set up. I guess they want to be safe when braking? At least there is a differential, unlike the 956.. Can't imagine that thing turning into corners but so it did.
Quote from Huru-aito :Having a higher coast lock isn't rare, it all depends on how the rest of the car is set up. I guess they want to be safe when braking? At least there is a differential, unlike the 956.. Can't imagine that thing turning into corners but so it did.

If it's rear-engined, chances are it'll oversteer into a corner while standing still in the parking lot.
Quote from spankmeyer :If it's rear-engined, chances are it'll oversteer into a corner while standing still in the parking lot.

lol, well, it is well known that Porsche drivers use goofy lines into corners. There is the "racing line" and the "Porsche Line".
Quote from Hallen :lol, well, it is well known that Porsche drivers use goofy lines into corners. There is the "racing line" and the "Porsche Line".

#7 - ajp71
Quote from spankmeyer :If it's rear-engined, chances are it'll oversteer into a corner while standing still in the parking lot.

It was mid-engined and was often understeery mainly due to the diff. That wasn't too important for an endurance car though seeing as it meant the car was easier to drive.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG