The online racing simulator
Tracker Ideas
(30 posts, started )
Quote from joshdifabio :Personally, I'd flag a car as a DNF if it hadn't crossed a split line in more than n minutes. This could automatically correct itself if the car resumed racing more than n minutes later.
[...]
Edit: One other point; it would be good if the tracker could be mirrored on other servers to spread the load. It's output could be made available in XML format on the host server, with a generic PHP (for example) script publicly available which would parse the XML file and creates a proper HTML output. This way, anyone could create a mirror without needing to be given direct access to any database.

Nice ideas

Quote from Lotesdelere :
It would be nice to see the number of pit stops done in a future version

It's already on the planned feature list Watching the race without pit stop info was quite exciting though...as I had no clue about who had to pit again, every time the leader stopped I was surprised.."Oh, no he has to pit and lost the lead!"

Starblue
Thank you for the wonderful tracker tool, without we'd have been completely lost on track after my disco...
Yeah, great job by starblue. Now i just gotta do my bit and make it look a bit nicer
#29 - SamH
Quote from Starblue :I'll have a look at it
I'm using Firefox here and when the page auto-refreshes it stays scrolled where it was, so I had no trouble following teams on the last positions

Awesome! It'd also kill off that annoying clicking refresh sound in IE, too
Just a little post to tell you about current and future tracker development.

Our goals for next round, aside from getting the tracker operating in a stable manner on the IGTC site webspace, are to:

1) Implement a page for each team, which will provide statistics (updated in realtime) for fastest lap, average lap over a stint, gaps to the car ahead and the car behind, a comparison of laptimes to said cars, and lots more data relevant to the teams individually.

2) Implement tracking of qualification results and automatic grid placement. This will save some of the time spent trying to corral everyone into the proper grid slot.

There's lots more to come, but those are our primary goals at the moment.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG