The online racing simulator
WHy am I being charged 2x for my LFS purchase?
I purchased LFS a few days ago and was susequently charged $42.33.

Today, according to my bank, there is ANOTHER charge pending for LiveForSpeed for the amount of $42.54.

I would really like to know what is going on here.

I just emailed the people at LFS, but to be honest, I'm not even sure if I am sending email to the right place. Why not just have a customer service email link?

Anyways, I await a response from whoever handles these situations.

Thanks.

-Shane
If you email the devs, that is their Customer Service. This email form for "I have a question about my payment" should be the right direction. Replies should be relatively quick, just wait for a response (at least within 24 hours or less).

Strange it would charge it twice though. Probably just some banking mixup. Victor should see this and fix it right away.
Just wait, I'm sure they'll reply soon, you're not going to wait long!
Quote from Tweaker :If you email the devs, that is their Customer Service. Replies should be relatively quick, just wait for a response (at least within 24 hours or less).

Strange it would charge it twice though. Probably just some banking mixup. Victor should see this and fix it right away.

Ok. I just wasn't sure because the email page/s that pop up don't list a destination for addy for the emails.

I'm sure it will get all worked out, I was just a little "peeved" when I first saw it. It looked like I was charged, and then charged again when the exchange rate went up. It's probably, as you said, just an error they made. I'm sure it will be taken care of. LFSS seems to have a pretty good operation going over here.

On a side note, I am really enjoying the game. I really like the feel of the cars when used in conjunction with my FF Momo wheel. Great fun to drive!

Tweaker, where in CA are you from? I'm from CA as well.
Redwood City, below SF on the penninsula.
Quote from Tweaker :Redwood City, below SF on the penninsula.

Cool deal. i used to be on a boat crew there (parked by the stealth ship).

I live in Fresno now.
#7 - Krane
Quote from Arklight :Why not just have a customer service email link?

Because if you have a email link (in plain text) on popular page (lots of other pages link to it) you will be BOMBARDED with spam.
Quote from Krane :Because if you have a email link (in plain text) on popular page (lots of other pages link to it) you will be BOMBARDED with spam.

Not if you list the addy like this (for instance):

customerservice AT company DOT com

That's how you can cut down on spam emails from outside sources.
Quote from Arklight :Not if you list the addy like this (for instance):

customerservice AT company DOT com

That's how you can cut down on spam emails from outside sources.

That doesn't really helps. With only little programmer knowledge you can still find and gather such email addresses and substitute the AT against the @ and DOT against "." without much problems.
Quote from Sunday Driver :That doesn't really helps. With only little programmer knowledge you can still find and gather such email addresses and substitute the AT against the @ and DOT against "." without much problems.

That's true, however, the link would not be picked up via normal means places use to send out mass emails. Many of the people who send out mass emails don't go to each site they email, they run scripts and/or buy email addy lists.
Just use the form!
Off Topic:
Quote from Arklight :That's true, however, the link would not be picked up via normal means places use to send out mass emails.

All recent signs point to the fact that email scrapers (aka bots who visit sites with the intention of finding email addresses) DO pick up on "alias AT domain DOT tld". They're also picking up on the "NOSPAM" in the middle of email addresses. Theres a few tricks, however which do work; such as using javascript to obfuscate the email address, images instead, etc. However, these are all either; counter intuitive to users (its surprising how many people get confused/frustrated by not being able to click on emails), or requires a feature (i.e. JavaScript), to be enabled on a browser. And yes, before you say it, there are users who dont run javascript by default.

At the end of the day, its more reliable for website owners to allow their server to do all the mailing as its more "secure".

Sorry if that seemed like a rant
Quote from the_angry_angel :They're also picking up on the "NOSPAM" in the middle of email addresses.

That's the reason why I have "nospam" included in my spam gmail addy

Edit: using a picture for the email address is the best option, although it is relatively easy even then to read the address, the procedure is far from trivial and not that much used (email addr. as a picture). Additionally there's untold amounts of pictures in the Internet. Hence I don't think email spiders look for email addresses from pictures.
Quote from Krane :That's the reason why I have "nospam" included in my spam gmail addy

Good man!

Quote from Krane :using a picture for the email address is the best option, although it is relatively easy even then to read the address, the procedure is far from trivial and not that much used (email addr. as a picture). Additionally there's untold amounts of pictures in the Internet. Hence I don't think email spiders look for email addresses from pictures.

I'm not so sure I'd agree about it not being trivial tbh. But you're right, it isnt commonly done (as far as I know), by spam bots. However, doing some clever page parsing you could intelligently guess which pictures to bother scanning.

That said, I'm still not convinced that its the best method; I get a reasonable number of requests about this from corporate users who encounter imaged emails addresses and get very frustrated clicking on the image, thinking it will pop up their email client I think its second only to "I've forgotten my password", or "my iTunes folder has disappeared from my documents - why?" (because my documents get redirected to a server share and are thus backed up (and a waste of 20GB imho). I'm not just evil.. :razz
Double-charge issue all taken care of!

Go ahead and lock/delete/etc.. thread.

Thanks for the help, everybody!
Quote from the_angry_angel :Off Topic:
All recent signs point to the fact that email scrapers (aka bots who visit sites with the intention of finding email addresses) DO pick up on "alias AT domain DOT tld". They're also picking up on the "NOSPAM" in the middle of email addresses. Theres a few tricks, however which do work; such as using javascript to obfuscate the email address, images instead, etc. However, these are all either; counter intuitive to users (its surprising how many people get confused/frustrated by not being able to click on emails), or requires a feature (i.e. JavaScript), to be enabled on a browser. And yes, before you say it, there are users who dont run javascript by default.

At the end of the day, its more reliable for website owners to allow their server to do all the mailing as its more "secure".

Sorry if that seemed like a rant

No prob., no rant detected.

Good points. LFS responded very quickly so no issues there. The "form system" does work pretty well over here.
Welcome to the family
Quote from the_angry_angel : Welcome to the family

Thanks!
Glad to see you onboard Shane, another FS reject joins the LFS ranks

Dan.
Quote from danowat :Glad to see you onboard Shane, another FS reject joins the LFS ranks

Dan.

Heya Dan!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG