The online racing simulator
OMG, my G25 :(
(8 posts, started )
Good evening guys(not so goodfor me :schwitz

My G25's gear box got crazy.
I was drifting, everything was just OK and then i needed to change from the 4th to the 5th gear
so far so good... I started the action and then... I just couldnt pass the gear leather from the 3-4 gears rail to the 5-6 gears rail.
I tried again and again, im about to cry here :bigeyes2:

The gear box isnt on senq' mode, its on the shifter mode.
+ now i realised that i cant pass the gear to the senq' mode :eye-poppi

Despert for help,
BRYAN.:bananadea
Check if the little plastic ring beneath the leather (see pic) is still attached to it - my guess is it probably came off. To fix this, first remove the silver plastic cap from the shifter. Beneath is a screw, which after it is undone allows you to remove the knob. Then unscrew the six remaining screws at the base of the leather part so you can take it off completely. This gives you access to the little two-part plastic ring that's likely jammed in the gear mechanism. However, re-attaching it to the leather is quite fiddly, so your best bet might be completely removing the ring altogether.
Attached images
g25_shifter_plastic_ring.jpg
-
(dougie-lampkin) DELETED by dougie-lampkin
-
(AndroidXP) DELETED by AndroidXP
Hope you figure it out : / Best of luck.
If it is broken...and has no warrenty....take it apart Like Android said, take the shifter apart... Right now it is broken, if you take it apart...the worst is, guess what..it is still broken
#5 - word.
Just ring up logitech and RMA it
That damned metal ring is a pain in the ass, ill tell ya. I can never shift into 5th from 4th correctly when the boot is attached. Doesnt seem like theres enough leather to get it that far.
Quote from AndroidXP :Check if the little plastic ring beneath the leather (see pic) is still attached to it - my guess is it probably came off. To fix this, first remove the silver plastic cap from the shifter. Beneath is a screw, which after it is undone allows you to remove the knob. Then unscrew the six remaining screws at the base of the leather part so you can take it off completely. This gives you access to the little two-part plastic ring that's likely jammed in the gear mechanism. However, re-attaching it to the leather is quite fiddly, so your best bet might be completely removing the ring altogether.

bless you m8, that was the problem :hyper:
but there is another problem.. does the warrenty will be expired if ill open the gear box?

THX again, you made me smile again :laola:
Bryan.
Hehe, we do have some real stars on this forum good job

hope i can race with you sometime

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG