The online racing simulator
my best ever race
(20 posts, started )
my best ever race
Hi guys
for those who don't know me I'm the guy who races with his mouth on a tongue joystick!
I've just had the best race of my LFS career so far! I've been setting up the car for a couple of weeks with solo lap times getting down to 2:21 on Millward and thought yesterday I'd try a 10 car race on learner ai that was way to easy and won by 50 seconds. This morning I tried it on OK ai which was a completely different experience. On learner they lap at about 2:32 but on OK they do consistent 2:25's.
although I was battling for 8th and 9th places for all 15 laps I've rarely driven that consistently. Normally once I make up a place I'm constantly looking in my mirror to see where they are. When this happens my breaking goes to pot! Fortunately after 36 minutes of tongue knackering driving I took 9th place on the final lap but forgot to replay it so can't watch it back

Keith
#2 - HVS5b
Well done lad, good going

But where is this mysterious Millward you speak off?
Very nice going! Any chance of a picture of your controller equipment? Sounds amazing!
A tongue-joystick? That sounds extremely exhausting

Keep it up though! =)
sorry West hill!
A tongue joystick?

Yeah, I agree with above, lets seem some pictures of that! Sounds weird.. You made it yourself? (Don't quote + flame, noob question..)
Tongue controlled joystick?
Total respect

I presume you are you typing with a similar method?
Wait 'till you get online. Great races there too.

Do you get force feedback on that joystick?
Quote from spacman75 :...but forgot to replay it so can't watch it back

I'm sure it was an ace race!

If you haven't driven any LFS after that race, you should find the latest unsaved race inside temp.mpr/spr unless I'm recalling outta my ass.
Quote from spacman75 :Hi guys
for those who don't know me I'm the guy who races with his mouth on a tongue joystick!

Pfft! I'll be impressed when you control the car using only the power of the human mind.

Alternatively, I would settle for you controlling a human mind using a tongue joystick. I think we'd all pay to see Spankmeyer as one of your zombie henchmen.
I've seen a video on YouTube I think but can't find it now, absoultely fantastic stuff
A tongue joystick
With such training your girlfriend must be very happy
I bet it doesnt work worth crap!
he may have no hands?
The mind thing, the tounge thing is real! Mind stuff...I think not!
well done Raceman:

Race is so interesting......

In my career ,There just one race that I remember deeply.

and I always save Race mpr..
#20 - KROM
Keith

Good to hear you are enjoying the game, anychance you can get online and have a race?.

Thats the thing with live for speed, there's great rewards if you stick with it, and the controls are second to none, precise, but not over twitchy, like some games.

Keith, I dont know your status when it comes to why you use a mouth mouse/joystick, and well frankly don't care, but that is impressive to say the least. You will find online to be very relaxed, often just driving around tweaking the car, with the odd race, if you find it too much pressure you can drop out of a race and jump to the pits, leave from there and mix into the race again, the best thing is just do your thing, and stop worrying about the others. your laptimes are fine,

Try and get that pc online, you will find people are often less clumsy than the A.I on single player, and I have found some nice people online, that are willing to talk you through settings and even send their settings to you, to try (and if you like them save them). Start with a server with a few people in, and go from there.

I wont lie, I'm fairly good at driving games, I have had 35 years practice lol, but with this game I had to start all over with the settings, I'm now a 4th place man lol, but it won't be long and I will be the one to catch. Have fun, and try and get online, thats where all the fun is. Maybe we can meet ingame and you can try some of my car settings.

my best ever race
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG