The online racing simulator
#1 - robt
HELP!! Graphics card donations welcome!
got a nice big problem, no money, no onboard graphics, and a card that is slowly packing up. seems to be when in 2d (desktop, normal stuff) itll just freeze in a range of nasty lines on the screen and crash the pc to the point where sometimes on reset it wont boot again. i just HOPE its a GPU problem as i have no money. If i try and "under-clock" the gpu it crashes. but only if i do it in 2D mode. if anyone can donate an old agp card they dont need and dont want money for (it can be a ge-force 4 for all i care!) then please let me know ive got £2, and thats it, and thats towards a bus journey!
Thought you had a Capri.
#3 - robt
yes, but its not on the road, its sitting in a field waiting for me to get some money
Tell it Luke says hi. Why in a field why not on u're drive or in a garage?
#5 - robt
i dont have a drive or garage. and unless you have about £3000 spare it wont get anywhere near my house any time soon

quick update on the PC: seems to be holding now, took the card out, tried to fit a PCI card which wouldnt fit, so put it back in and its held so far...hopefully re-seating has helped, but it seems to happen if i have a few windows open and anything with a few pictures in it. any ideas? Happened on LFS too, so its confusing me as its not purely 2D based problem
#6 - robt
well, a nasty update. im now talking to you via an AMD k-6 450mhz pc decided to try n reseat everything yesterday, the main PSU pin connector wouldnt come out of the motherboard, could lift the whole pc up by it. Pc was turning itsself off every 30 seconds beforehand. turned it on and checked the wires to the 20pin connector and they were very hot, and burnt myself on the bit where the mobo and connector join!!! so now i have a PSU and mobo welded together. and no money, so looks like im not goin to be LFS-ing....or anything much for that matter, until i have a job for a few months.
Chuck it out the window and take out a loan to buy a new one and get the Capri on the road and at u're house.
Wow... that's fairly odd. Just out of curiosity, what was the power rating of the PSU and what brand?
#9 - robt
you're telling me its odd! had it for ages and not had much of a problem. was a Q-tec 450W i think. gonna start a thread in the computer systems section for a new pc, might be able to give me some ideas

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG