The online racing simulator
Moped Questions (Running In & More)
(34 posts, started )
#26 - Osco
Quote from beefyman666 :Why not? Fair enough Jak shouldn't bother dyno'ing his 'ped but if one has a 'ped/scoot, churning out enough ponies then why not?

Saw a video clip a while back of a Piaggio Zip, with a 70cc bore kit with all the bells and whistles churning out 21bhp. That's mad for such a small engine. After the dyno run on the video, it had a small drag race against a Yammy R1 and blew it off the start line but shortly got owned.

I miss my little 50's.
Started off on a Kawasaki AR50, wrote that off after 6 months, then got an Aprilia RS50. I refused to get a twist and grovel. Aprilia had mild bits done to it, normal derestriction, sports exhaust, better air filter. That hit an indicated 72mph (it was beyond redline) down a steepish hill near Wymondham.

Good old times.

indeed why not?

mine should be dyno-ready in a few weeks
shooting for 14 hp
Quote from Osco :indeed why not?

mine should be dyno-ready in a few weeks
shooting for 14 hp

Nice, what is it your putting on the dyno?
how many hp do people get with a pedal bike? =)
#29 - Osco
Quote from beefyman666 :Nice, what is it your putting on the dyno?

mm I made a post in the moped or scooter topic, must be floating around here somewhere
Quote from Jakg :Oh no not a big bore - the old cylinder was a "race tuned" Athena one, the new one is a standard one I think.

I can't say this for all Athena cylinders, but a friend of mine had bought an Athena 70cc kit for his NSR50 (with the other necessary upgrades) and we were never able to extract any decent performance out of it. We literally tried everything we could imagine to make sure everything was balanced properly and even gave up to see what a local garage could get out of it, but the performance was always shameful (struggling to 80 kph, whereas the 50 was able to reach an indicated 95 kph on a flat with the two of us).
#31 - Jakg
Anyone know what I should do about the restrictor between the carb and the airbox? The bike is derestricted as it is, i'm just not sure if i leave it in or take it out.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :how many hp do people get with a pedal bike? =)

Well, Chris, with my ripped legs, about 50, although the average person, maybe about ... .5?

#33 - Jakg
Finally got a brand new tank of fuel in, and it feels a bit better - i've also found that it feels a little tiny bit better WITH the plate in.

I bought a thermometer for my bike however it doesnt fit (i got it soo cheap it doesn't matter, though) as it's for the 4-stroke version.

Another Random Question - It will pull hard from stop up until 40 KM/h (aka about 7,000 RPM), and then stop. If it gets a big tailwind it'll get a big boost and suddenly go up to about 80 KM/h really fast (if i pin it) - I can't believe that the tailwind would add 30 KM/h onto the top speed (aka double it). In my wholly non-techincal mind i've guessed that as my bikes a "twist-and-grovel" it doesn't properly engage the next gear (or however it works) and it needs that extra boost of the wind to properly get shifted.

Now just pulled over 120 KM on my bike, all I suppose I can do is just keep checking the oil levels (using a "Puntoline" oil recommended by Gilera) and Coolant levels (using a Puntoline coolant and a tiny tiny bit of distilled water to top it up).
#34 - Osco
I don't know if you skip my advice on purpose but hell,
check the damn sparkplug and the transmission (aerator rolls and clutch springs)

you will f*ck your moped up this way

Moped Questions (Running In & More)
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG