The online racing simulator
Stop Blair.eu
(23 posts, started )
Stop Blair.eu
Hi everyone,

From the end of this year the European Union receives a "President", which will be elected for 2,5 years to represent the European Union on the international play and to council the 'European Council of state-and governement leaders'.

There hasn't been much certainty about who will be elected, some names have already been mentioned and amongst those: Tony Blair.

Certain people don't want to see Tony Blair representing the EU internationally as "European President" and have started an online petition. The goal is to reach 1.000.000 votes.

Why not ?
Besides there are a lot better candidates for this job, think on people like Guy Verhofstadt, Tony Blair doesn't represent at all the values and standards where the European Project stands for, not while he was PM of GB and not now when his political career is nearly entirely ruined. The EU is not an institution to give posts and titles to flopped political careers!

The petition can be found at www.stopblair.eu and has been made in 9 languages.

Best Regards,

---

Just spreading out the word.

GC
Quote from GianniC :

The petition can be found at www.stopblair.eu and has been made in 9 languages.

Why only 9? Last time I looked there were about 35 zillion member states of teh EU!!

I agree Blair should be stopped...get Nick Griffin in to take the job as president! (j/k!!!!)
Yes, i hope he doesn't get it. He is the least person who deserves it. He should just retire!!
#4 - ajp71
Bizarrely enough I think he could be a good leader of the EU, admittedly you've got to ignore the fact that he's opposed to a lot of it but I think he was actually a far better leader than he's given credit for. I may have never liked him and had I been able to wouldn't have voted for him but he is someone that can lead and answer questions under pressure.
My, what a surprise.
Tony Blair as president of Europe. After spending his time as British PM with his head up Georgies arse supporting the war in Iraq with a pack of proven lies his reward is now European leader.
I really wonder about the intelligence of most of the worlds population with this sort of thing.
Of course he'll get the job, just consider who's backing him.
From turning Britain into a compliant police state ( 4 million camera's in London alone ) to doing the same for Europe.
I really wish you Europeans ( and Americans ) would take the time to see what is happening to you.
Or is it only those of us on the outside of this who can see what's happening and how your all sleepwalking your way to a police state.
Please watch the first Matrix movie and make a choice - Red pill or Blue pill.
What is actually important in this life, a one world government run by people like this or freedom.
It really is your choice.
Quote from Racer X NZ :My, what a surprise.
Tony Blair as president of Europe. After spending his time as British PM with his head up Georgies arse supporting the war in Iraq with a pack of proven lies his reward is now European leader.
I really wonder about the intelligence of most of the worlds population with this sort of thing.
Of course he'll get the job, just consider who's backing him.
From turning Britain into a compliant police state ( 4 million camera's in London alone ) to doing the same for Europe.
I really wish you Europeans ( and Americans ) would take the time to see what is happening to you.
Or is it only those of us on the outside of this who can see what's happening and how your all sleepwalking your way to a police state.
Please watch the first Matrix movie and make a choice - Red pill or Blue pill.
What is actually important in this life, a one world government run by people like this or freedom.
It really is your choice.

No racer we see it too, but the problem is most people are too stupid to do anything. Politics are looked at as being a joke full off overpaid corrupt b***rds. No one really gives a toss anymore. I mean in England, we have all sort of talk shows about politics and politicians where they are criticized for the work they are doing or should be doing rather. Even though sometime the truth is before your eyes you choose to ignore it. Believe me, we do see what is happened but there doesn't seem to be any will power anymore amongst people to stand up against it. One main rule in politics is to keep the population divided, that way we are all easy to control and it becomes easier for them to get away with all sort.

I personally think for Blair to even be considered for the role of Europe is a joke. He is the last person that should get the job.

Many people have given up on politics and I don't blame them. A bunch of useless over paid b****ds who can get away with anything they like (e.g. Invading other countries on false evidence)

Sometimes it makes you wonder what will we need to wake up and refuse to take anymore of this shit.
Blair isn't as bad as he has been made out to be, but the media only focuses on the bad. Like now Labour has been laying off a lot of nurses, what the media wont say is that is because Blair hired too many of them during his early days so they can't afford to keep them all.

But 1,000,000 people is only a very small amount of people to oppose something, it isn't even .5% of the EU population. Hell, I doubt it is even .1% of all the people, that isn't enough to invoke change.
I think some of you are overrating the power Blair will have as president. In parlamentary democracys like most of European countries the president has very little power. He´s more like a PR man who meets and drinks tea with other PR men/presidents. Like the Queen of England really. Now if Blair would have the power that presidents have in presidential democracys like USA or Russia I´d be worried but now I don´t really care.
Quote from Kalev EST :I think some of you are overrating the power Blair will have as president. In parlamentary democracys like most of European countries the president has very little power. He´s more like a PR man who meets and drinks tea with other PR men/presidents. Like the Queen of England really. Now if Blair would have the power that presidents have in presidential democracys like USA or Russia I´d be worried but now I don´t really care.

I'm Not too keen on the E.U. and how it works exactly, but isn't president of it pretty much a figurehead? Although I don't see Blair in this spot, if that is the case, does it really matter who's president?

@ Racer_X:
Hello cousin. You don't see the benefit of the "police state" mentality, do you? It's really long and hard to explain, but let's just say, they'll go bankrupt trying. One of the big reasons the last really big police state fell was because they simply ran out of cash.
The other one? well, we might have some problems with them....
their water table is just about used up.
There is no real president of the EU, it is a theoretical position. But that isn't the point, the point is that Blair was

" In violation of international law, Tony Blair committed his country to a war in Iraq that a large majority of European citizens opposed. This war has claimed hundreds of thousands of victims and displaced millions of refugees. It has been a major factor in today's profound destabilisation of the Middle East, and has weakened world security. In order to lead his country into war, Mr Blair made systematic use of fabricated evidence and the manipulation of information. His role in the Iraq war would weigh heavily on the image of the Union in the world, should he in fact be named its president."

and because it is only a figurehead position of the EU does that mean it is ok to elect Mr Bliar? I thought it was ridiculous for him to be the spokesman for the Middle east, I nearly fell off my chair when i read that! But this touches on an earlier point that I have mentioned, people have become detached from politics, no one cares anymore, many will just say ahh let him have it, its a useless position and wont protest against it. Not enough passion for politics anymore, too much farce and corruption and these people are meant to be our leaders? Bah!
Quote from Racer Y :I'm Not too keen on the E.U. and how it works exactly, but isn't president of it pretty much a figurehead? Although I don't see Blair in this spot, if that is the case, does it really matter who's president?

The EU basically makes all the countries united, which in effect makes use the United States of Europe, so in theory is a good thing, but it doesn't work that way in real life as what is good for one country is a kick in the teeth for another. Open borders for example, good for England as we have lots of workers now who will put taxes into the system and help keep the lazy populous on the dole, bad for Poland as they now have no workers.

But the prez of the EU will just run PR and meet and greet sessions, sort of like the head of the UN, no real power, just looks pretty for the press.
The EU is a good thing. It's not without its flaws although some bits are good for some members but not others. It's called a little bit of give and take.

I agree with Psychoman, whoever gets the place is just going to be a figurehead and soundbite generator, so Bliar would be good for that.

Yes, the whole Iraq mess. We shouldn't have gone in, in fact if the EU was a little more united the UK wouldn't have gone in to it ...
Quote from Madman_CZ :Yes, i hope he doesn't get it. He is the least person who deserves it. He should just **** OFF.

Corrected :up:
great he quit as british PM and now he's going for Euro President
oh well thats the way this shite world is run now SOUNDS FIXED
Think about it

If Blair gets it, he can be held accountable for war crimes/other crimes.

That said, I don't want him in office.

Put Chirac in office!
I think it would be diplomatically disastrous for the EU to appear to be endorsing Tony Blair in such a way. I can't believe the UN wants anything to do with him either.

Edit: Just realised this post doesn't sit well with my sig. Tony Blair is a cock end.
The man is a liar and a cheat, hardly surprising that he's a good buddy of gormless George, who also lied and cheated his way into office.

Supposedly he wants the presidency to speak for and unite Europe, ha fat chance, look what he left behind in the UK - another ten million people on this cramped tiny island of ours.
Then introducing faith schools for kids, and we all know how faith unites people around the world don't we?.

That right Tony, seperate our children, brainwash and bring them up in their own clans which have no time or understanding of other peoples point of view, - storing massive problems up for the future, but hey what does he care?
Get the payoffs and backhanders from his business and religeous friends then leave and let someone else clear his crap up.

He was voted in as prime minister by 40% of the 40% of the UK who could be bothered to vote - hardly a resounding endorsement of our political system and Tony in particular is it?
Quote from Kalev EST :I think some of you are overrating the power Blair will have as president.

I don't. I just wish him to be tried at Le Hague instead of being proposed as president of anything. No matter what you think about EU or its presidency, mine is a legitimate desire regarding a person who pretended he was able to fix a sewer and instead he broke all the seals. The stench is unbearable.

Same goes for Bush, sure, but as long as Blair (and companions) are allowed to walk the streets free of hassle I can't really hope US war criminals get jailed.

Edit: I forgot to say I signed the petition, not that I believe it will have any kind of effect, but I also have no problem in spending two minutes stating my opinion.
I certainly don't think Blair will have any real power as EU president. What he will get, however, is an air of legitimacy that he thoroughly doesn't deserve. Installing him as EU chief will be like a validation or vindication of all his international crimes or, perhaps worse, will seem as if the EU is simply looking the other way. Considering the outspoken opposition to the Iraq occupation that came from Europe (especially big players like Germany & France, two countries who know better than most the costs of major military defeat, unlike Britain or America) I would be very disappointed if Phony Tony got anywhere near the EU leadership.

Albieg, a trial at the Le Hague would be a perfect result for both Tony & George but like you, I don't see it happening. Justice only happens to the "bad guys".
Quote from Hankstar :
Albieg, a trial at the Le Hague would be a perfect result for both Tony & George but like you, I don't see it happening. Justice only happens to the "bad guys".

As a form of consolation, I don't think history books will be generally kind with them. It may look like a little thing, but for people who struggle to be remembered as great men it isn't.
Even with Tony's abysmal record, he's still better liked than bloody Thatcher. Which is saying something. Tony's also better liked than George - but that's very easy, even for him. I guess, if you wanted an excuse, you could say Tony was "just following orders", just like our ex-PM Mr Howard.

George will get soundly caned by history. He's already more hated than Nixon (and has done a lot more impeachment-worthy things than Tricky Dick) but just wait until afterwards, when all the shady dealings of Dubya & his cronies, currently semi-ignored by mainstream media, become public.

But you're right, it won't come anywhere near justice for either of them. For example: Ronnie Reagan, who (along with Cheney & Rumsfeld) courted & supported Saddam Hussein, basically created Osama bin Laden to fight the Soviets and whose administration was actually convicted by the World Court for crimes in Nicaragua which cost many hundreds of thousands of civilian lives, was treated in death like a war hero. Hopefully the charity towards George II won't extend that far. Reagan's crimes went mostly unnoticed (great pains were taken to keep them under wraps) but George's reign and its excesses have been blatant in the extreme. The media may have been asleep at the wheel since 2000 but, as often happens after the fact, they'll wake up and see what they've been missing (or just ignoring).

But a few disparaging words (or entire chapters - or entire books) about Tony's and George's crimes will be little comfort to the families of a million dead Iraqis (to name just one country whose death toll has risen sharply, artificially & without anything approaching a good reason since October 2001).
So, in addition to making a war criminal president you now have an EU 'Parliament" which can put through legislation that affects all Europe that is effectively a dictatorship with no opposition allowed.
And I have an issue with the new world order ?????

MEPs face protest ban
Anyone drawing attention to the lack of democracy in the EU system of government is told that the democracy is vested in the European Parliament. The snag is that the "toy parliament" has no opposition. But on one issue a kind of opposition has lately emerged, in those 50-odd MEPs of various parties who are protesting at how the EU treaty is being railroaded through without referendums.
After last month's demonstration, in which these MEPs held up placards saying "Referendum" in the chamber, they have continued their campaign by various tactics, all within the rules, such as calling for electronic votes rather than a show of hands. This so enrages the authorities that 13 MEPs are now threatened with substantial fines.
Furthermore Hans-Gerd Pöttering, the parliament's German president, has complained to the "constitutional affairs committee" that the protesters were clearly intent on "obstructing the procedures of the House". He proposed that he should be able to ban anyone who, in his opinion, was indulging in such "practices", even if they were within the rules.
The committee has agreed that he should be given this arbitrary power to suppress dissent, supported by Timothy Kirkhope, leader of the Tory MEPs (although seven of his Tory colleagues were among the protesters). It seems any vestiges of parliamentary opposition can now be silenced out of hand. We thus live, as I have said before, in what is in effect a one-party state.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new ... s/2008/01/27/nbook127.xml

Stop Blair.eu
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG