The online racing simulator
OMG master server problems PLZ HELP
ok im tryin to help my friend get his lfs S2 workin but he said it is saying could not connect to master server. he said he turned off pop up blacker and fire wall but still says the same thing.

on mine my firewall and popup blocker are both on at all times and mine still works fine.

(this is gonna sound stupid but) would the cable being set to LAN or internet have any role in this problem. my friend is running on SBC YAHOO DSL. highspeed. any one got any ideas or know exactly what to do?

thx.
Calm down, you have 2 threads on this. Not everyone answers so quickly

This is going to be hard since you are doing all the help for your friend, you should have your friend come on here and explain too.

But... check to see if he has a router (hardware firewall) on his network, that could be blocking some ports, or even SBC Yahoo. If worse comes to worse, he may have to call them and see if he is allowed to play through LFS' ports.

About that cable set to LAN or Internet, I have no idea what you're talking about there.
he has a router...some guy said i should tell him to turn off the firewall. we did but still n oluck my firewall is always on but nothin ever happens.

my friend has SBC yahoo.

LAN= local area network & internet.
I know what LAN means, but, I have no idea what you mean about some cable....

I really cannot help any other way... other than saying that you should disable any firewalls, anti-virus or popup programs, etc. Make sure you can access the internet even :zombie:

Because there is not much other information you're giving here. Is he trying to host a server? Is he trying to join any server while online? Is he able to view the Master Server LIST (the list of servers)?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG