The online racing simulator
'Stand alone' Brake+Acc Pedals
(16 posts, started )
Hi People,

I tried looking in google but it's quite hard to find anything specific when you have hundreds of various game controllers.

Anyone makes like stand alone pedals? Without steering wheel, just brake+accelerator ?

Haven't got much space and I don't mind driving with a mouse but It would be great to have some control over speed in corners... and not only

Tried asking few friends and they came up with "frex" "VPP" "BRD" which professional really expensive toys , so it's not a possibility for me hehe
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Electric Eye :Hi People,

I tried looking in google but it's quite hard to find anything specific when you have hundreds of various game controllers.

Anyone makes like stand alone pedals? Without steering wheel, just brake+accelerator ?

Haven't got much space and I don't mind driving with a mouse but It would be great to have some control over speed in corners... and not only

Tried asking few friends and they came up with "frex" "VPP" "BRD" which professional really expensive toys , so it's not a possibility for me hehe

If you get a really cheap wheel (£5 or so), then you can just use the pedals from that and the mouse for steering.
But most of the time pedals and steering wheel have the same connection :/
I used my old momo black with a saitek peddle set I had at the time. It was so that I could have a clutch but I could have also used it to get around the peddle problems that are well documented regarding the MOMO. Two USB connections, simple.

It works fine.

If you want to buy the peddles only then all the ones I have seen are real top end stuff and quite a bit of wedge.
Oh, so you're saying that MOMO wheels have seperate USB connections for the PEDALS and WHEEL?
Quote from Electric Eye :Oh, so you're saying that MOMO wheels have seperate USB connections for the PEDALS and WHEEL?

No, but there is nothing to stop u attaching two wheels to one PC through two USBs.
I don't need wheel at all :P

Anyway what cheap racing wheel would you recomend?
there are a few companys that do make just a pedal set but it will be quite expensive
#9 - Woz

look up actlabs, they make stand alone pedals
I don't get this... Get yourself a very cheap wheel, and why not use the wheel while you're at it?

Racing will be more emersive (even though it's only a crap wheel, it'll still feel more natural). Or is there another problem to overcome? And for a lot of those cheap ass wheels you don't need a lot of space, just the desk you sit at

God...what a configuration.Reminds me of the old sewing machine that my grandmother used to have.Have you ever thought of adapting one as pedals?
Hehe, I could get wheel + Pedals but I think often they share the same connection it would mean having em both in the same place.

The problem is that my desk is kind of curved rather than rectangular shape So I would trouble with puttin it on! Hehe

Checked act labs, not so expensive but still around 170 $ and I think for that money you could get G25...
Quote from Electric Eye :The problem is that my desk is kind of curved rather than rectangular shape So I would trouble with puttin it on! Hehe

depends on which way its curved
most wheels ave the mounts at the sides so if your desk has a mild curvature around you it should work just fine

anway i still dont get where the problem would be with a cheap wheel+pedals set and placing the wheel somehwere under the desk as a sort of hub for connecting the pedals to your pc
Quote from Electric Eye :Tried asking few friends and they came up with "frex" "VPP" "BRD" which professional really expensive toys , so it's not a possibility for me hehe

This will not be for you either then, but whenever those expensive toys are mentioned, I feel that the CST Pedals (site currently under construction) deserve a citation. Those are just as good as all other high end pedals and better than quite a few of them, as they use a truly pressure sensitive brake pedal which is operated by a load cell instead of a potentiometer. Todd Cannon, the guy who makes those is also a really nice and very helpful guy, it seems.
Thanks for all your answes :-P

Shotglass, Uploaded picture of it...

I could probably fit the steering wheel on the straight bit if I moved all my stuff into different places.

Can you name few cheaper steering wheels? Not good ones, just to do basic job
if youre in it just for the pedals you cant go any better than a microsoft sidewinder wheel although they might be gameport units cant really remember
if youre just looking for a cheap wheel a logitech formula force gp might be the best solution in term of bang for no buck
both should be available on ebay for ~10 pounds

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG