The online racing simulator
Been playing 2 yrs offline on KB...
And I've just recently decided to make the move to online, I dunno why I never bothered, I guess I just liked the simulation so much, I didn't care, or maybe cause I play mostly FPS games I never had time...I don't really know why I guess.

Anyways I just recently realized how uncommon it is to play on the keyboard, and after seeing how people drive with wheels and such, I'm very much in the market for one. But I'm already so used to the keyboard, I just like it soo much, although errors with rwd cars are too common.

Anyways any advice for making the switch? Or should I just grab a wheel and learn all over? What if it turns out I'm better on the KB, since I have probably three or four hundred hours on the game in SP..

Any tips on re-learning the game, and what's a good wheel/pedal system, I'm a complete noob to this kind of hardware so treat me as such . I figure I can afford 2-300 if it's "well worth it".
#2 - Jakg
Wheel Guide in my sig.
When I decided to make the switch, I made the mistake of buying a generic wheel, this thing doesn't even start to turn the car until it's pulled about 90 degrees.

If possible, I'd spill some extra cash to get a decent wheel and not make the same mistake I did.

Jak's guide is very good!

Good luck in your search for a wheel!
ggeeeezzz dude... 2 yrs on kb?... and offline MG!!!!!!!!!

anyway... good luck
Racername: DHRammstein
Online at: (FM) OvaL StArTerS

And as soon as he goes online hes strait to the oval...
Quote from DHRammstein :Anyways any advice for making the switch? Or should I just grab a wheel and learn all over? What if it turns out I'm better on the KB, since I have probably three or four hundred hours on the game in SP..

You WILL be slower at first with a wheel. It takes some time to adapt. But if you did that, your PBs will drop like flies.

Coming from a former 1-year-long-kb-driver.
#7 - robt
and coming from a 4 year kb user.......i been "wheeling" about 4 months and only just faster in the cars. but over a race distance the wheel is much better
#8 - Gil07
Quote from racer hero :Racername: DHRammstein
Online at: (FM) OvaL StArTerS

And as soon as he goes online hes strait to the oval...

Heh

Online stats for racer hero: 4580 laps on the oval, more than everywhere else :P

And on-topic, I can only recommend a Logitech G25, it's working great for me so far. Though I'm curious to see how the testing of the new Porsche wheel goes. I'd wait for some results on that, if I where you: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37907
You don't need wheel on oval.

It's like running through the map in Arma: Just put some weight on the W key and go make some coffee.
I've never done a race in the oval. I don't care much for those races on tv, I like the tigher tracks, where they use so much torque to pull out of corners and such

I use a g25, looked at picture of that porsche wheel. It has a nice amount of buttons on the wheel, thatll be nice for handbraking, the horn and such.
I went onto the Oval server because I didn't wanna cause any hell for anyone
My favorite track is Blackwood, and I spend most of my time on it and City Long.
I think what I'm looking forward to the most is not having to wot right at the apex and sliding through the turn, killing my tires and tripling my chances of wrecking. I wanna be able to ease on the throttle and use every inch of track I have.
For example, for every four laps on BL, atleast one lap I'll either wreck at turn two, or be all over the place and lose 2 seconds off my lap time (RWD). I guess I'm looking forward to throttle control as much as steering.
Quote from DHRammstein :I've just recently decided to make the move to online

Buy a Logitech G25 from ebay.

EDIT: Or wait a couple weeks and buy the 911 wheel. Maybe. Not sure yet, read reviews carefully.
I have the momo racing wheel and am very happy with it, I may get a g25 next when this ones time is up. For the money i dont think the momo can be beat!!
Quote from Lateralus :EDIT: Or wait a couple weeks and buy the 911 wheel. Maybe. Not sure yet, read reviews carefully.

No, really, don't. I was sent one by Fanatec to review... and whilst I haven't written it up yet... just don't. Buy a G25.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG