The online racing simulator
Sound distance cut off.
(4 posts, started )
Sound distance cut off.
Hi, I'm relatively new to the game, but I've noticed the sound cuts in, and cuts out when a car passes, rather than it being blended in and out. Is this normal for the current release?
Of coure it isnt. Are you using proper SND drivers? Try to set "basic" or "none" sound acceleration in DXDIAG (START -> RUN -> type DXDIAG)
Are you referring to the sound cutting in and out over long distances? Like to hear a car drive by on a straightaway and to hear it in the distance?

If so, then that is the way it normally is. A shame, but it certaintly needs to be improved. For example, you cannot hear cars wizz past the Oval pitlane when the FO8s are roaring by... its too bad, because just hearing cars in the distance is one thing really makes you feel immersed into the evnironment. For now, we just have some cuts here and there
Yeah that's what I was refering too. Just so I know that's normal in the current build that's fine. I'm a software dev myself so I'm not going to start moaning if they're working on bigger fish.

Sound distance cut off.
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG