The online racing simulator
XFR "Y" setups..
(11 posts, started )
XFR "Y" setups..
My team mates are giving up on XFR cause they can't drive it anymore since Patch Y. Tires get too hot too soon, and it's undrivable for them. We drove it on So long rev, front R3, back R2, and after 2, 3 laps, front tires are dead hot, and car becomes undriveable. I didn't test R4's enough, but they say that even R4's gets very hot after a couple of laps.
So what's the deal here? Does setup has to be reworked completely, or tires need to be inflated more? They were only half pumped.
Anyone have some "Y compatible" setup that we can try? It was their favorite car and now they don't drive it anymore..
uh....what? I can drive the XFR with R2's for ever on South City...
Quote from Matt0snap :uh....what? I can drive the XFR with R2's for ever on South City...

Can you share a set, and maybe post a replay of you driving it for say, 10, 15 laps? It would be apreciated..
Sounds like too much front wheel rate. Shouldn't be a problem with road tyres on a low powered car like this.

Try reducing front spring/ARB/damping or increase rear spring/ARB/damping.

If you are using a locked diff that won't help either. Too much coast locking will reduce turn in and increase front tyre temps. Locked diff = 100% coast locking.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Sounds like too much front wheel rate. Shouldn't be a problem with road tyres on a low powered car like this.

Umm, but XFR uses slicks..
R3 and not so much pressure (like 1.8 bar) should be ok with 'standard' setup (stiff front ARB, and nearly no ARB at the back). I would not use R4, because the SO corners need lots of grip.
Of course, your driving has to be adapted to not heat up the tires too much.
Quote from Flotch :R3 and not so much pressure (like 1.8 bar) should be ok with 'standard' setup (stiff front ARB, and nearly no ARB at the back). I would not use R4, because the SO corners need lots of grip.
Of course, your driving has to be adapted to not heat up the tires too much.

Gotta try that when i get home, i never work with setups, always used other people set's
I drove with R3's earlier and they were only good for ONE hotlap with that set i had. R4's were necessary even for a 5 lap race.
And i don't know how to adjust my driving style, you have to be agressive to be fast..
Quote from Boris Lozac : you have to be agressive to be fast..

to a certain limit else it will slow you down...

Sounds like your driving style is the main problem, try driving less agressive
Quote from [RF]-art555 :
Sounds like your driving style is the main problem, try driving less agressive

Well, i'm the one that complains the least in my team, i know that XFR was always the tire eater, but XFR was my teammates favorite car, and Miki who was the XFR rank leader before patch Y, now doesn't even drive the car..
What was so drastically changed that now you have to use R4's to drive more then 5 laps?
Quote from Boris Lozac :
What was so drastically changed that now you have to use R4's to drive more then 5 laps?

Racing tyre heat model
Quote from Boris Lozac :(...), you have to be agressive to be fast..

That might just be the problem. I usually found myself driving faster when trying to take it slightly easier around each corner, as aggressive driving often results in more unconsistant driving/more minor errors, thus higher tyre temps.. It's all a ballance of course, and the limit there is different for every driver

I haven't tested the XFR in the new patch, so i'd say try flotch's suggestions. It sounds like you're on some kind of a old hotlap set, which naturally would come with quite low tyrepressures : )

XFR "Y" setups..
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG