The online racing simulator
LFS S2 Quistions
(19 posts, started )
LFS S2 Quistions
Hi all since i just got S2 yesterday i have some quistions here are the quistions below.

-How do I upload my skins to LFS World so everyone can see them and do you have to upload them one skin at a time or can you do like 10 at a time?
-What car should i practice racing in and what track should i learn to be good at?
-When i was going onto the CTRA server it said i don't have a CTRA license where can i get one?
You can upload skins at www.lfsworld.net and only one at a time!

for the car if you are really noob at racing...XFG is a good start....for the track go on the track that is suitable for you!

go on another CTRA server that dont require a licence eg: CTRA race 1.On this server they race XFG & XRG its there i leant to race and i still go there sometime...very good server to learn your lines and race!
Go to LFSworld.net, log in with your LFS details and then find the My Online Car Skins icon and get uploading. You can only do 1 at a time though.

Practice what you like. The most (over)used tracks and cars are:
GTRs @ Aston National
FOX @ Blackwood GP
FOX @ Aston Club
BF1 @ Kyoto Oval
So if you get used to them you'll always find somewhere to drive almost immediately.

You need to go to the CTRA website and sign up to start the license.
Their site is - http://www.raceauthority.com/
Just remember you'll need to start on the Beginner servers driving either the UF1 or XFG to build up points. And remember that S2 players can drive on S1 servers.
- To upload skins to LFSW, sign in with your web password and username. Then click on 'my online car skins'. Then click browse at the top. Find the skin and then press upload

- Become good at any combo you want

- You need to earn your license on CTRA Race 1, you earn points by finishing in good places in races. When you have enough points (when you get the next license) you can go to other CTRA servers
thx for your quick answers but i have a couple more quistions for you all.

- i just tryed to upload a skin to LFS World and it said that the skin has already being uploaded so does that mean that someone else has already loaded it and people will see my skin even though i didn't upload it?
- on Autocross how do you make your own custom tack?
- and on the CTRA website i can't find out where to register or satrt my License so i can race on there servers where do i register?
#6 - J@tko
Quote from swisscosmo :
- i just tryed to upload a skin to LFS World and it said that the skin has already being uploaded so does that mean that someone else has already loaded it and people will see my skin even though i didn't upload it?

Yep. Someone else did.

Quote from swisscosmo :- on Autocross how do you make your own custom tack?

Press shift - u, then click 'place objects'

Quote from swisscosmo :- and on the CTRA website i can't find out where to register or satrt my License so i can race on there servers where do i register?

go onto a CTRA server, and type in $password.

Enter it there, and then go to www.raceauthority.com, type in ur LFS Username and the password you put in on the server, and you'll be logged in.

Hope to be racing with you soon!
- This may be because your skin has the same name as another skin. If the skin you are uploading is different from the one you see, rename your skin, if not you dont need to upload your skin

- http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Autocross

- Click my CTRA or something
- Yes
- Press Shift+U, consult the manual for more info
- First you have to join one of the low tiered servers. Doing so will automatically create an account, but you'll have to set the password via the INGAME menu while you're connected to the CTRA server. Only then you can access the account from the web. Or at least it worked like that when I first raced on the X-System.
Thx so much all for your help and quick responses and if anyone wants to race with me i'll probibly be on around 2:00-9:00p.m. canadian Mountain Time and when i'm on i'll probibly be on a Cruise server or the Shicane Drifters or a CTRA server!
Quote from swisscosmo :Thx so much all for your help and quick responses and if anyone wants to race with me i'll probibly be on around 2:00-9:00p.m. canadian Mountain Time and when i'm on i'll probibly be on a Cruise server or the Shicane Drifters or a CTRA server!

Here we have a cruiser and a drifter but thank god thats not all he is.

A NEW USER IS ACTUALLY GOING TO RACE

'Tis a glorious day
Quote from JO53PHS :Here we have a cruiser and a drifter but thank god thats not all he is.

A NEW USER IS ACTUALLY GOING TO RACE

'Tis a glorious day

ok yes i'm going to race i want to be good in everything i can already drift kinda good with the FZ5 and the XRT but i just need a good setup with lots of grip for the GTR's. If i did download a setup where do i put it?
Ok Thx all for your help
yeah, you just left our server after you asked if we want you to leave, so i had no time to explain further... then i see this thread of yours, so just a word from me:

a high and/or unstable ping makes cars look like jumping left right all over the place, the faster you drive/more grip you have, the more dramatic this effects the actual cars position. on the oval, where you drive pretty close to other cars at high speed, this is just lethal, so we´re kinda constantly looking for ppl with high pings.

to get a descent ping, just make sure that your line is solely used by lfs... noone knows better then you what other things use your connection. maybe your girlfriend playing WoW on her laptop in the next room, or you´re in some bigger network like one of those houses for students, where the whole building is on a 100mbit connection and every second pc there is downloading sth from rapidshare ... then you can´t really do anything against it.

and for that blocking rule, well, that´s simply a rule we have on our server. like other servers have a rule like "don´t talk to the admins or you get banned". just make sure you read the welcome screen and maybe the !help, $help, %help or whatever messages once you´re on a server, and you´ll enjoy your stay.

k, this was more then one word, but i hope it helps a little

cheers
Hi there

Just something I found useful as a noob:

1) I would avoid the oval servers for now - it's easy to be on the pace, but you'll be crucified for making a mistake here. Overtaking is really tough and the lads don't take errors very well

2) FOX at Blackwood is great - my favourite. You'll be a sec or two off the pace at the start, but you won't hold anyone up and will get a great feeling of excitement at this one

3) The all-car server at Deathrock.be is another good one and, if you pick a slower car, will teach you a lot about blue flag situations!!

My final tip is consistency over speed every time. I am most definitely a noob, but my laptimes rarely vary by over half a second. There's nothing more satisfying than taking 1st or 2nd in a race by being on form every lap, and not sliding all over the place.

Enjoy!
Quote from eimer_ :yeah, you just left our server after you asked if we want you to leave, so i had no time to explain further... then i see this thread of yours, so just a word from me:

a high and/or unstable ping makes cars look like jumping left right all over the place, the faster you drive/more grip you have, the more dramatic this effects the actual cars position. on the oval, where you drive pretty close to other cars at high speed, this is just lethal, so we´re kinda constantly looking for ppl with high pings.

to get a descent ping, just make sure that your line is solely used by lfs... noone knows better then you what other things use your connection. maybe your girlfriend playing WoW on her laptop in the next room, or you´re in some bigger network like one of those houses for students, where the whole building is on a 100mbit connection and every second pc there is downloading sth from rapidshare ... then you can´t really do anything against it.

and for that blocking rule, well, that´s simply a rule we have on our server. like other servers have a rule like "don´t talk to the admins or you get banned". just make sure you read the welcome screen and maybe the !help, $help, %help or whatever messages once you´re on a server, and you´ll enjoy your stay.

k, this was more then one word, but i hope it helps a little

cheers

Ok thx for telling me why that ping thing i'm on Wireless and on 54.0 speed and my bro and mom were all on the computer so next time please tell me when i have that problem just so i know and can get of the track. One more quistion for everyone what is the best Cruise server?
Quote from swisscosmo :Ok thx for telling me why that ping thing i'm on Wireless and on 54.0 speed and my bro and mom were all on the computer so next time please tell me when i have that problem just so i know and can get of the track. One more quistion for everyone what is the best Cruise server?

The one that suits you. And its questions
the best starter car is fox because it dosent spin but first gear is tricky if your a beginner after that go to fbm then fo8 then bf1 if you want to race single seaters
#19 - wien
Quote from swisscosmo :Ok thx for telling me why that ping thing i'm on Wireless and on 54.0 speed and my bro and mom were all on the computer so next time please tell me when i have that problem just so i know and can get of the track.

Wireless really isn't very good for gaming. If possible, try to plug your computer in while playing. Turning off any downloading and other stuff using bandwidth is also the best thing to do.

You can usually see if you're lagging though. If all other players look like they are jumping around, it's probably you that's the problem. If you only see one player lagging on the server, he/she is probably the problem. You can also check the lag bars in the lower left corner. If your bar (green) is taller than all the others you're probably lagging.

LFS S2 Quistions
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG