The online racing simulator
Fox engine too weak
(6 posts, started )
Fox engine too weak
I noticed today the engine of the fox gets damaged to easily. Going on rev limit in 5th gear for a few sec, because it is faster sometimes, will quickly damage the engine. I think a real simple 2 liter (race) engine desigend to take abuse is a lot stronger irl; Or nearly impossible to destroy which a rev limiter set so low as with the fox.
Offcourse i adjusted my gear-changing, but it just don' t feel right.

For example, the nice small 2 liter engine of honda s2000, can rev much higher, is more powerfull and can take more abuse and will last over 100000 miles even abused now and then. When not abused/raced it will last over 200000 miles.(although the engine can be destroyed sooner, but it will be on purpose or real stupidy if you manage to eliminate an honda engine)
#2 - ajp71
Most 2 litre production engines will not take being revved far higher than the original rev limit very well. You do not need to go anywhere near the rev limit in the FOX to get the most out of it.
#3 - samjh
I didn't think LFS simulated engine damage.

I've abused the crap out of the FOX in long races and hotlaps sessions, sometimes more than 30 laps without problems.
Strange, i was today unable to reproduce the problem.

On purpose riding on the revlimiter. Top speed remained the same. hmm
If nobody else ever noticed the engine is weak, this thread can be deleted lol
It is definately possible (and quite easy) to damage the FOX engine. I keep doing it as FE Gold but haven't worked out what's causing it yet. After 2/3 laps my top speed drops by 3/4mph. It may be caused by engine braking rather than hitting the rev limiter though. I'll do some more testing and post back when i find out what's causing it.
It happens when you shift down too early and the engine speed is too fast for the gear.

Try doing this for a couple of laps - you'll soon lose power and top speed.

Fox engine too weak
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG