The online racing simulator
.Net Madness
(36 posts, started )
i dont know why your being sarcastic AndroidXP i was only pointing out that a C++ app use's less memory then a C++.Net program. Making smart remarks like "Of course it will be slower as soon as it has to request that memory back from the system, but who cares about that... " is just pointless? It seems that all this programming and developing you do has gone to your head?. I know full well your older and know a damn site more then me. But im just saying. Take a break man....Jezzs....
Just take a look at the size (and memory usage) of the LFS.exe to see what can be archieved with effective (c++) programming. 1.7 MB filesize with no other code files (.dll, ect.) being needed - quite impressive!

P.s. To start some flaming, how many MB do rFactor or GTR need?
I'm being sarcastic because I feel like it. Of course your ignorant starting post contributed, too.

No hard feelings, but this black/white thinking just got to me. It's about finding the right tool for the job, not "omg .net uses 8MB for a single line of code I'm going back to normal C++". If you need a low profile application and have enough knowledge to accomplish that in C++, then by all means do it that way. Though when you do business applications with lots and lots of complex business logic behind it, all that of course at best finished yesterday, then a .NET solution might be the better choice.

Of course, if you're a crack like Kegetys then you just program everything in ASM directly anyway
Quote from tristancliffe :I'd agree with that. I'm no programmer, but seeing how huge programs are getting for very little improvement in features, ease of use, or speed is very annoying. Back in the day (and I know it's not really comparable, but hey, who cares) there was DOS on a floppy, Windows 3 on three, and something like Elite 2 on a couple of floppies. That's @15mb for an operating system, a GUI and a game with millions of planets, music etc...

I still have Windows 95 on floppies... 45 of them

Quote from AndroidXP :Of course, if you're a crack like Kegetys then you just program everything in ASM directly anyway

Still one of my favourite languages to experiment in. There's nothing like a bit of ASM to get your brain into gear
Ah, the legendary SetProcessWorkingSetSize method has surfaced.
Dun dun
Quote from JamesF1 :There's nothing like a bit of ASM to get your brain into gear

clearly you have never worked with hardware description languages
No, not for long anyway... I fear them
#35 - JTbo
I have a dream, dream of day when code is truly tried to make as efficient as possible without wasting resources, dream that it will stop constant upgrade upgrade upgrade maddness, when all people could enjoy from smoothly performing software without need to be nerd or rich person.
Keep dreaming

.Net Madness
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG