The online racing simulator
UF1000 diff
(11 posts, started )
UF1000 diff
Would is be possible in the next update to have more diff options for the Uf1000, they could be a good challange for the xf gti and xr gt if they had a locked diff on the tight tracks.
Lol, locked diffs on a tight track... the place where you would least want them (IRL at least). And IMO the car has so little power I'm rarely spinning the wheels anyway, so I can only see benefits for handling rather than power management.
#3 - ajp71
This is just a daft request, highly modified Minis with LSDs were said to be heavier to drive than any of the US muscle cars in the British Saloon Championships in the '70s due to the very short driveshafts they were mounted on.

A locked diff in any car intended to go round corners, let alone a Mini 1000, would be too heavy to drive in reality, if you were strong enough to turn the wheel it would just rip the diff to pieces on tarmac.
The diff options and adjustment are too extensive on the road cars (imho). UF1000 is a nice exception to this.
If you look at the handling difference in the xf gti with open diff and with locked diff it's so much better with the locked. I'm suggesting the locked diff for Uf1000 for handling reasons only because it should handle alot better than the xf gti IMO but it doesn't really handle better at all.
#6 - ajp71
Quote from FPVaaron :If you look at the handling difference in the xf gti with open diff and with locked diff it's so much better with the locked. I'm suggesting the locked diff for Uf1000 for handling reasons only because it should handle alot better than the xf gti IMO but it doesn't really handle better at all.

The solution is not to make a second car unrealistic, remove locked diff and all LSD options from the XF GTi, how many small hatches have an LSD?

And for the last time a locked diff cannot be used on a closed surface, not even in rallycross, their only uses are drag racing and maybe ice racing.
#7 - M.Mos
Quote from ajp71 :The solution is not to make a second car unrealistic, remove locked diff and all LSD options from the XF GTi, how many small hatches have an LSD?

You dont make the Car unrealistic, you just cover LFS physics flaws with a locked diff. The handling of an open diff hatchback in LFS is so unrealistic unless u change your setup to unrealistic values. But agree nothing else then open diff for Uf1k.
I love the open diff in the UF1000, if the car is setup well it rarely spins the inside wheel during corners anyway.
Hmmm alright, how about changing the xf gti's diff to open only then?
Quote from FPVaaron :Hmmm alright, how about changing the xf gti's diff to open only then?

Thats the best option, add a UF Cooper S and it should be able to keep up with most stock hatches.
Yep, open diff for all "small" cars would be my first wish too...

For now you just have to make the suspension a bit harder so the wheels stay where they belong. No spin at all.

UF1000 diff
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG