The online racing simulator
Missing Control panel
(16 posts, started )
Missing Control panel
A virus has got in now I cant use appwiz.cpl to remove daemon tools to get rid of sptd.dll which stops safe mode from working and I need safe mode to get control panel back. What do I do?
#2 - Jakg
Re-install. Even though you brag about having 14 different bits of AV software you've seriously f*cked over this copy of Windows. Re-install it, set yourself to a limited account and stop one handed web surfing with IE6.
Bah, Wankers... Always getting viruses... Wait, why don't I have any viruses... Oh yeah, because I don't have an IQ of 38.
I've not really beem following your PC troubles but once things get so bad it is usually easier to format and reinstall than try and repair everything.
My recovery is gone and I had windows pre installed.

For the millionth f**king time i do not use IE at all! (except fro downloading Firefow in the first place)
#6 - mr_x
Take it to your local computer shop and they will fix it for you.
DO
NOT
take it to PC World.

Just remember it'll cost you money at a local shop, but it will cost you far less than what PC World would charge you.

Put it this way, it's better to let people who know what they're doing fix it rather than posting thousands of questions on a forum.

Also remember to have your genuine windows XP key with you (it should be stuck on the side of your case somewhere).
Quote from Jakg : stop one handed web surfing with IE6.

He's 9 FFS. Surely one handed web surfing isn't something he's up to already? (or was i just a late developer?)

How in the name of god do these people get so many viruses?
#8 - Jakg
It was a joke.

TBH i have no idea what the fizzle you do with your PC to get this many viruses.
My anti-virus has been expired for a few months now (I'm lazy), and even the Adware scanners don't pick anything up. You really need to stop going to whatever sites you're going to, and stop downloading what ever you're downloading, lol.
torrents...isn't it super easy to get viruses from downloading torents? Escpecially if he doesn't have an virus protection.
Goddamn. Shaun we already told ya. Do not watch p-0-n ffs.

Tell your dad that he must enable that family option to lock these sites.
Quote from Matt0snap :torrents...isn't it super easy to get viruses from downloading torents? Escpecially if he doesn't have an virus protection.

He's got a hell of a lot of anti-virus/spyware/malware/adware according to some other threads hes started. It's easy to get viruses from anywhere; just think about what youre doing and you should go virus free.

As already said, go to a computer shop and get the thing a 'Re & Re' (Reformat and Windows Re-Install). After that, be more careful. We don't know what you do to get so many viruses, but you're obviously doing something wrong. Viruses don't just appear on your system.
I've only ever got virii via dodgey spam emails or from going to sites where I expect that sort of thing due to their nature. Even with that, I reckon less than 20 infections since I've been using PCs (14 years).
yay avg anti spyware + avg anti virus + ad aware 2007 have fixed it!
Quote from shaun463 :yay avg anti spyware + avg anti virus + ad aware 2007 have fixed it!

When I was your age, I had PERFECT grammar. You do the same.

Anywho, AVG is perfect protection, even though it randomly updates when I'm online in LFS.
Quote from Matt0snap :torrents...isn't it super easy to get viruses from downloading torents? Escpecially if he doesn't have an virus protection.

Not really, unless your a bit stupid.

I still only bother to turn my Anti virus on once a month or so for a scan, and I'm still at 1 virus in 5 years.
You have to be a bit of twerp to pick up viruses tbh. (IMHO of course )

Quote from Dalek0220 :When I was your age, I had PERFECT grammar. You do the same.

Anywho, AVG is perfect protection, even though it randomly updates when I'm online in LFS.

Just set it to update first thing in the morning, or when you turn your computer on.

Turn it off when your racing, there's no need for it to be running.

Missing Control panel
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG