The online racing simulator
"my favourite skins"
(40 posts, started )
"my favourite skins"
I am going to post pictures of my favourite car skins, it is optional if you want to post yours.

Thanks to all that made the skins, especially the EVO X skin and the 180sx skin. The JDM skin, Importfantasy made for me and a team. If you want me to release it I can. I myself made the white FXO with a black top hood and boot. As I said again, if you like me to release it I can, just speak out!
Attached images
Favourite skins.JPG
Thanks for mentioning me Kenny.

Now its my time to tell you about my favorite skins!
The first skin is obviously my IGP FZ5.It has been made by me but has been remade by none other then....Drft-Mstrs!

Second skin is made by me and is for my personal use.It is the Origin Hachiroku and is for Farleys and my club.Everyone whos in the Origin Hachiroku Crew has a different colored skin.

Third skin has GOT TO BE the Team Falken skin made by Dan.I know its not liek the "official" Team falken,but we got very bored at looking at the same two tone.So Dan made a very nice and different Team falken skin.The FZ5s has 2 variations of the skin and the XRTs has one.More team falken skins will be comming soon for my team.

Thats about it!Lol hope you like the renders!

P.S. First 6 renders are made by me.Next 2 were made by Dan.
Attached images
db_Keisu_FZ5Ricer.jpg
db_Keisu_FZ5.jpg
KStyle.jpg
Hachi Pickup 2.jpg
Falkenzz.jpg
Falken.jpg
Falk01dan.jpg
XRT2007.jpg
Quote from ImportFantasy :Thanks for mentioning me Kenny.

Now its my time to tell you about my favorite skins!
The first skin is obviously my IGP FZ5.It has been made by me but has been remade by none other then....Drft-Mstrs!

Second skin is made by me and is for my personal use.It is the Origin Hachiroku and is for Farleys and my club.Everyone whos in the Origin Hachiroku Crew has a different colored skin.

Third skin has GOT TO BE the Team Falken skin made by Dan.I know its not liek the "official" Team falken,but we got very bored at looking at the same two tone.So Dan made a very nice and different Team falken skin.The FZ5s has 2 variations of the skin and the XRTs has one.More team falken skins will be comming soon for my team.

Thats about it!Lol hope you like the renders!

P.S. First 6 renders are made by me.Next 2 were made by Dan.

Is the Falken one private
Yes.Team Falken Private Skin
i love the falken skin!!! maby it will be public after falken gets new skins?
Thats exactly what I told him :P
maybe mutt...maybe
Very good topic!

In the past, I have dedicated a part of my time trying to help out members to acheive greater standards for their skins. It could have been as simple as a little touch up to a full scale remake ( like Keisu's which btw was a bit of a pain in the ass because it was the first time skinning in 4096 resolution)

For the past few years, I have skinned various cars from the little UF1 to the BF1, tried various techniques, styles. My bests of all times were not made in the past months, but in the year 2006. Which is suprising to some.

doriftoKids personalized team skin
year: 2006
car: XRT / RB4
time to complete: 2 months and countless hours of trial and error, crashes, frustation.
note: those were the times when beauty did not need bodykits.

Notorious Fruity Drifters team skin.
year: 2006
car: LX4
time to complete: close to 2 months
note: Back then, there were no skinning kit for the LX4. Everything was made by nudging and guessing.

Generation 1 JDM*F skin
year: 2007
car: XRT/ RB4 / FZ5
time to complete: 1 month
note: Very controversial skin when it came out. Along with inc. (Chris Cummins), we were the only ones making bodykits for the cars. It made a lot of noise in the drift community. Although it was highly inspired by inc.'s version, this one was made from scratch. Pioneering a kit from no resourse took a good 30+ hours of searching, nudging, and frustration. Nowadays, copy / paste and you have a bodykit. Don't take things for granted.

Note 2: From then on, Charlie joined me and created the amazing skins we see today. Only used by JDM*F members, design dude's public skins, and obviously, the DrftMstr garage.

Note3: Imageshack is being a pain in the arse now. no pics yet.
Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :I am going to post pictures of my favourite car skins, it is optional if you want to post yours.

Thanks to all that made the skins, especially the EVO X skin and the 180sx skin. The JDM skin, Importfantasy made for me and a team. If you want me to release it I can. I myself made the white FXO with a black top hood and boot. As I said again, if you like me to release it I can, just speak out!

Sorry to say that but these skins are crap. The quality is so low. No antialiaising, no anisotropic filtering and the exposing/shadowing is not showing the best side of LFS.

Rendering a skin is an hard job, even in LFS!
Quote from -DrftMstr- :Very good topic!
( like Keisu's which btw was a bit of a pain in the ass because it was the first time skinning in 4096 resolution)

And you did a great job on it!Probably the best skin you've made imo.
then you haven't seen my best ones yet.
dK XRT, FZ5, RB4, my personal RB4, 1st gen JDM*F XRT, RB4, a FOX skin. Those are some feat that I still can't imagine the countless hours of work.

yours was a pain in a way because I had to change my resources to 2X the resolution I was skinning at.
Keisu i really like your Design Dudes skin Can you send me it if you don't use it
bump
No need to get your knickers in a twist. I can see where hes coming from. The screenshots used have no AA or AF which gives us the impression the skins are low quality.

Post a batch of nicer screenshots and he will change his views, but there was no reason for you to use all that language really.
Quote from beefyman666 :No need to get your knickers in a twist. I can see where hes coming from. The screenshots used have no AA or AF which gives us the impression the skins are low quality.

Post a batch of nicer screenshots and he will change his views, but there was no reason for you to use all that language really.

Eh, thats the best screenshot I can make with paint and I don't know how to render. How can I make "better" screen shots with just viewer. And there is no way i can make it with a bad gfx.
Ask someone who can take decent screenshots if they would kindly take some of your skins. If they're private skins, ask in a PM. Use your noggin.
or ask me :P
My favourite skin so far.

But it aint mine.

biggin' up the Core power.

Attached images
XRR_db_-_core_moe_3_Render.jpg
Quote from squad_e :My favourite skin so far.

But it aint mine.

biggin' up the Core power.

thats hot! hoa make screen shots of them :P
Quote from moskvich3v1 :Keisu i really like your Design Dudes skin Can you send me it if you don't use it

No....Just no.Design Dudes skins are always private.Will you please stop asking us for skins?
Quote from ImportFantasy :No....Just no.Design Dudes skins are always private.Will you please stop asking us for skins?

How comes Caoz is releasing 1000s of skin per month then?
A lot of people don't like core's new skin with the faux bodykit etc. I like their new skin.. a ton! I think it's so cool looking, looks like something you'd see IRL too, I like it a lot and wouldn't mind joining core just to wear that skin.
Quote from Riders Motion :How comes Caoz is releasing 1000s of skin per month then?

I thought he ment Design Dudes Team member skins.Im human.I make mistakes.
yes, design dudes keep some skins private.

Mine are most public.

"my favourite skins"
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG