The online racing simulator
Corners & Sections
(3 posts, started )
Corners & Sections
I've been looking in the improvement suggestions forum and I couldn't find a thread about corners or sections we want in S3.

Since real tracks in LFS have to be licenced (and the licences funded) we could give the devs some suggestions about corners or sections we want to see in new S3 tracks, and we could also name the corners that look like corners that already exist to make the job somewhat easier for the devs.
Below are some suggestions I came up with. Please feel free to post your own. I will update the first post of this thread every so often to make sure the devs have all the suggestions they could need.

Familiar corners;
Last corner at Westhill International / Parabolica - Monza (Italy)
Second corner in Aston Cadet / Corkscrew - Laguna Seca (US)

Suggested corners;
Eau Rouge - Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)
Pflantzgarten section - Nürburgring-Nordschleife (Germany)
Ramshoek - Assen (Netherlands)
Quote from Tomstr :
Familiar corners;
Last corner at Westhill International / Parabolica - Monza (Italy)

Eh? That corner is nothing like Parabolica. T1 at Aston National / Aston Grand Prix is more similar, but only vaguely.

I'd love to see the Roller Coaster (turns 14 and 15) and the Hog Pen (turns 16 and 17) at VIR. The map doesn't really do them justice because the elevation changes are quite dramatic. Watching a field of Formula Atlantics blast down that hill last year was quite a sight.

The Esses sequence at Road Atlanta is really cool too.

Burnenville bend, the Masta Kink, and Blanchimont at the old Spa-Francorchamps.

Maggots-Becketts-Chapel at Silverstone. 130R, the esses and Spoon at Suzuka. The Nürburgring and Imola chicanes at Magny-Cours. Turn 8 and the 12-13-14 sequence at Istanbul Park. Pouhon at the new Spa. The final chicane at Montreal.

Of course none of these will ever happen in LFS until / unless it gets open to modding, but it's nice to dream.
#3 - Woz
The part of Bathurst as you come over the top and it dives into the most mental set of wall lined S's

Infact a track like Bathurst, flat areas coupled with an area with big elevation changes. Built using corners based on famous corners from different tracks

Corners & Sections
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG