The online racing simulator
Courtesy cars suck
(24 posts, started )
Courtesy cars suck
My car's in for a service and I've got given a courtesy car for a few hours. Now Audi would give you a reasonable replacement for the model you give them. VW don't.

I have been given a 1.2 Polo. The base model. It is the worst car in history. And I've driven French cars. How is that a replacement for a top spec Bora?

I've driven barely a few miles and I've spent most of that shouting at the car in a Clarkson style whilst pedestrians stare at the mad person.

Does anyone else get courtesy car rage?
Sports car dealers can get worse. When my Dad takes his TVR in he often gets given a Corsa. Most of the time he tries to pass the offer and take the train.
Vauxhall don't even give you a courtesy car. They expect you to huff it home, which is an annoyance when you live on the other side of town.
#4 - amp88
Got a 1 litre 16V Micra once a long time ago. I showed my disgust by bouncing each change off the limiter. Progress was still slow
#5 - Rish
I got courtesy car rage when i went to hand it back. They said i'd caved the door in on the 1.1 106 they gave me. There wasn't even a scratch.
When somebody rearranged the rear bumper of my 1995 Swift, I had my insurer take it away and fix it....in the meantime I had to put up with a top spec brand new (2006) Mitsubishi Colt..that had 146 miles on the clock when I got it...
I wish they had taken longer to fix mine....(like about 2 YEARS longer!!)
Quote from the_angry_angel :I've spent most of that shouting at the car in a Clarkson style whilst pedestrians stare at the mad person.

Take some film of yourself so at least we can have a laugh out of it
Quote from Crashgate3 :Take some film of yourself so at least we can have a laugh out of it

I was actually tempted to do that this morning... Sadly I'm now almost out of time and I refuse to put more petrol into it. It's managed to drink a tenner already and I've barely done anything in it.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one

I was actually considering driving back to the garage at one stage, and then handing it back as it's just so uncomfortable to drive. The brake pedal is too high in comparison to the accelerator and it's blantently not built for people over 6 foot
When my dad had his saab repaired we got a Merc E class
Courtesy cars suck? Courtesy bikes RULE!!!!

I took my old CBR600 for a service and got a brand new Triumph Daytona for the day, untill someone pulled out in front of me 100mtrs from the shop on my way back to pick my bike up.

Result, one hurt leg, and one wrote of brand new Triumph
I wasn't even aware that courtesy bike's existed! I suppose it's only logical really...

I wonder if you can get courtesy boats
Quote from danowat :Courtesy cars suck? Courtesy bikes RULE!!!!

I took my old CBR600 for a service and got a brand new Triumph Daytona for the day, untill someone pulled out in front of me 100mtrs from the shop on my way back to pick my bike up.

Result, one hurt leg, and one wrote of brand new Triumph

I remember that story. Some people shouldn't be allowed on the roads.
Meh i got a merc SLK once it only had 200 miles on it, new shape too.
#14 - JTbo
Meh, it is fwd, those are all the same

But seriously that sucks and is not even worst example, I know some that got replacement of some smallest Kia model when he took his 80 000€ worth car to service, now there would even calm man get upset
That's weird. Whenever we take in our BMW's to be serviced, they give us a very similar model to drive out. We've taken our 325Xi out, and we got a 325Xi as a courtesy car. We took the X5 out, we got a X3 as a courtesy car. Now, the X3 was a bit different but since it had the 3.0 liter engine, I wasn't complaining as it was the same engine that powered our X5. Other times, when they ran out of courtesy cars, we had to sit in an Isuzu Rodeo (What they called their limo service)....all the way back home.
My brother in law had to get his Mondeo fixed, he got a peugeot 206 in return, that car was rubbish! I don't know how people can actually go to a dealer, sit in that car, feel all the plastic bits and then go buy it!

Quote from JTbo :Meh, it is fwd, those are all the same

But seriously that sucks and is not even worst example, I know some that got replacement of some smallest Kia model when he took his 80 000€ worth car to service, now there would even calm man get upset

Always remember car dealers are cheap. I recently heard about a car dealer who phoned a customer about a mistake in the total price... about 100-200 euros on a car worth 38 000!!
When we sold our car, we took off 500 euros off the price, and in exchange get parking sensors on the new one worth 450, and we'd leave the price of the new car as it was.
The dealer responded: oh, great, that's 50 euros profit for me!
On a car worth 25 000 euros!
#17 - mr_x
Ford offered me a courtesy car when I had to get the window mechanism of my Focus fixed... I was offered a 1l Ford Ka (aparently all their under 21 customers get that)... my mate had it 2 weeks previous, and knowing how he drives (he told me he got it with 200 miles on it, and pretty much destroid the engine when he had it), I passed up the offer and made them pick it up from my house instead. They also dropped it off again free of charge.
I'm getting my BMW fixed at a garage and I'm driving their audi A4
they always give you a shit car lol i used to hate it when doing mechanics, go to collage they'd give me the parts van or the one of the courtesy clio's or the old 5 if the cars were out.
id get there and the other people would get astras, A4s , mondeos and reno gave us crap, but we were the only ones that took them out the others were scared to scratch them, man i miss collage!
This is why I prefer Toyotas with the 22RE motor. Don't have to worry about courtesy cars

Courtesy cars.... useful to tie off to when I wanted to jump out of the truck for some reason while on a hill without shutting it down when I was too lazy to change the rear brakes at 180,000 miles
When i brought my Girlfriend´s 1.4l Lupo back to the dealership to get the sunroof fixed they gave me a Lupo Gti as a courtesy car.
Was fun to drive and my GF had to walk 2 days
When I had my GT40 at the shop they gave me a Focus
#24 - JTbo
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :So you got an upgrade?

Definitely, now he actually could get that new flat tv home from shop, that he bought for Christmas

Courtesy cars suck
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG