Sound Loop Crash?
Have you had this, game locks up black screen or half desktop, sound looping,
I have an x-fi-music (whats your card)

Im running xp pro 32
[email protected]
2x 8800gtx
2gb ram
latest version (max settings)

Please post if you have had this, so we can start to get a clearer picture of spec etc, Im thinking its the x-fi and its lack of new drivers for xp.
I'm running a X-fi Platinum, on XP SP3 beta, using the latest drivers without any issues.

Bear in mind that LFS tended to expose unstable cpu overclocks since it does a hell of a lot of physics calcs. Whether or not this is relevant with your QX6700 I could not say as I have no experience. You might want to try declocking it a little to rule it out and see if it helps.
#3 - KROM
It's temps are low 48 full load (thats on four cores) its stable with all other games, and the h2c comes clocked @3.2 so I aint touched it. in other words its stock.
#4 - Jakg
Does this happen in ANY other game? I have an X-Fi XtremeMusic running fine back in XP (but with a S939 board) and now fine in Vista x64. If your PC is fully stable then i'd check for new Beta drivers.
#5 - KROM
I get a stammer in Testdrive Unlimited, and Im almost sure its sound, as it sort of clicks when it stammers, all other games seem fine, my crash is random, I can play online/offline for hours and nothing happens, the crash is a black screen lockup with sound looping then no sound, then sound looping and so on.
Needs rebooting, the reason I headed the thread sound loop, is because of the crash leaving the sound looping, making me think sound is the error, but this is a guess, as nothing is reported in the admin tools under either system nor applictions.
I play
Sup com
Battlefield 2 (and add-on packs)
Crysis
and other games for hours without issue.
Isometime monitor temps on both graphics and CPU and "Live for speed" doesn't really hit it hard G cards are 68 and 69 underload and the cpu in both systems are water cooled and never really get hot 60 at the very most, the the chip has a T of 100. so I Don't think its overheating.

The thing is this is an alpha and I know theres going to be problems, its just I have played the demo for like must be years now and never had an issue, I understand that this game has changed a lot and is still is the stage of very early testing on quite a lot of changes.
I had seen people talking about a sound loop after a crash and I responded but the thread had gone off in a new direction, so I made this one.
It's starting to look like its not a common thing with any X-fi, which is a good thing really, creative have not helped on xp for well over a year now, no new driver, theres a beta I'm going to try.
Its a very odd crash its just boom black freeze and sound loop, had it three times now, I'm going to install the game on the other computer again and test that one.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Aslo worth a mention is that after testing the game for a while I found sometimes I load the game up and go straight to a race in single player only for find the frame rate lower, I close the game and reboot, and its faster again sometimes 20fps+ difference, and sometimes it takes a few restarts of the game to get the frames back. I have checked cpu usage and process's etc while this is happening and nothing is different. odd.

Sound settings are (GAME MODE) no features turned on, no eax etc
It may not be the sound card.

Black screen and looping sound could just as easily be a graphics card / driver problem. The only sympton you notice is the sound because you can hear it, but if the graphics get themselves in some kind of messy loop the sound will replay aswell.
#7 - KROM
Thanks for your post.
And yes you are correct, I did hint in the post that it may not be the sound 100% I have tried monitoring the computer to catch the crash , but its not playing ball, and keeps giving me hours of crash free play, as soon as I stop the monitoring I bet it locks up lol.

Anyone else getting this?.
Duh, the easy fix is continue monitoring at all times!...

#9 - KMud
First forum post, just to say I'm also experiencing sound loop crashes (albeit with a frozen picture, not a black screen). I'm running:

Q6600 @ 3GHz
4GB PC5300 Crucial Ballistix
Gigabyte DS3P-965P
BFG 8800GTS 640MB OC on 69.25 drivers (WHQL)
X-Fi Fatality (6.0.1.1304)
Triplehead2Go Digital
Vista Ultimate x64

The crash usually occurs within about 1-2 laps, and if I don't quickly hit CTRL-ALT-DEL then I end up with a BSOD.

If it's the overclock it isn't temperature related, 3GHz is actually pretty low for the 95W Q6600's (no reason to push further and probably RAM-limited anyway). I may revert to stock speeds to troubleshoot, but I suspect sound/graphics so will play with those drivers first.
#10 - KROM
I'm still getting this crash, everythings fine then it all goes black and needs a reset.

Sound Loop Crash?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG