The online racing simulator
New Driver - Kart racer
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Setu
New Driver - Kart racer
Hi everyone, I've erjust signed up for LFS. I race superkarts in real life, and thought that this might help a little in keeping on my toes across the winter. I would be interested in beginning to develop a superkart model if that is possible - does anyone know if that would be possible?
There may be quite a bit of work involved as there are some radical differences from cars - 2 stroke engine has very peaky power profile, no suspension, (relies on chassis flex and front camber/castor being right), highly dependant on tyre pressures, good downforce, superb brakes, etc etc.

For anyone who doesn't know what superkarts are - they are 250cc gearbox karts, faired in, and capable of 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds, top speed 140-160 mph (depending on class), pull about 2.5 g cornering and 3.5 - 4 g braking. Cheap and quick, but there is very limited time to practise, so it would be very good to get a good simulation. I'm also looking at running something like one of the British Touring Car games - because they have most of the British tracks that we race on.

Anyway - look forwards to racing against you all soon.
Quote from Setu :I would be interested in beginning to develop a superkart model if that is possible - does anyone know if that would be possible?

I'm afraid not. We just dont have the tools do create our own at this stage.

We recently went Karting (not superkarts though, I'm afraid) with 2 of the dev's and Scawen did express an interest in having some kind of kart in LFS - although naturally no promises were made.

Welcome to the LFS family I look forward to seeing you on the track
Another karter

Are you going to the superkart GP next year?

EDIT: just remembered my superkart preset for Mechanik, please download it and tell me if it's anything like the real thing (it was all guess-work so it's probably quite a bit off)
welcome to LFS. good luck in your racing, both irl and ingame.
I don't know about supercarts, but there is the MRT in LFS. It's the closest thing, with its short wheelbase, and you could play with some of the physics model's values with an application called Mecanik:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3209

I'm not sure how close you could get, considering you can't modify the character of the power curves, for example, but it should be worth trying.
welcome

New Driver - Kart racer
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG