The online racing simulator
More grip to RAC
(11 posts, started )
More grip to RAC
I was driving on a server where u could drive fz5, lx6 and RAC.
Well i chose RAC mostly cos its a finnish car .

I actually noticed first time how thin those tires in RAC are.
I mean, look at fz5, huge tyres when compared to RAC.
I dont know does RAC have thin tyres IRL, but even if it has, those tyres should be replaced with bigger ones cos it really is hard to keep up with those 2 other cars. And the popularity of RAC i pretty low. More grip would make it more popular, and more competetive against fz5 and lx6.

That´s my opinion.
Its trickyness is what make it wonderful!
And actually it is faster than a fz50 on most tracks
hey,

i do have the same think the same then you but ,
i also so see the point why the car is driving like this,
the car is a real car, it is a produrced car : http://www.raceabout.fi/

and if you look at the this little movie on youtube, you will see that the car handle in real a bit how he is handeling in lfs.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=2m3zIJP5mTg

greets,

Reint jan
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
It has low popularity because it's a b*tch to control without any rear anti roll bars, meaning the rear suspensions are fully independent.
The FZ5 *needs* big tyres: it's big, heavy and powerful. The RAC is a lightweight sports car, no need for big tyres...

And it's great
Both the FZ & RAC are great cars, they just need a certain mindset to drive them.

People seem to dislike the challange, but they are very rewarding cars to drive, check out some of the replays here to see how its done > http://www.adaptiveracingteam.com/rsc/wc1/replays.html
Quote from ussbeethoven :Despite the fact RAC's tyres won't be changed as it is a real car, you can do many high speed curves without lifting with a proper setup

You don't have any choice - if you lift you're dead!
I always thought the RAC was a bit of a pain in the arse before Patch Y to be honest, but it seems so much more manageable now. Dunno if it was the added engine inertia or just me getting to know the car better, but i really really like it now, and it seems much happier on the limit. Granted you still get that snap understeer to oversteer gubbins, but it seems to be so much more predictive and controllable. Or maybe i'm just not going quick enough these days to tell any difference ?
I've done a couple of league race with the RAC some time ago and I can tell that it can compete really well with the LX6 and FZ. I've managed to win a couple of race with it.

But the LX is faster on super curvy race and FZ on the super fast one. The RAC come in the middle. Anyway, most of the track are not at one edge or the other so it's pretty good on most of the track.

It's true that it's not easy to handle at first, but so is the LX and FZ too.
#10 - dev
I never liked the RAC... I'm indifferent on this one, because I'm not driving it at all...
The current RAC we have is mixed from RA02 and RA05 specs.. IIRC our RAC has a bit too much power if it's to be the 02 spec car, but then again if I'm not mistaken the rear suspension was redesigned / improved for the 05 spec car.

It's hard to drive for sure, but with patch Y it's more controllable due to the doubled inertia figures.. Tyre simulation is supposed to be improved some time in the future, that could suit the RAC very well too. All I'm saying is that giving it wider tyres or adding a rear ARB wouldn't be a good solution before the simulation is improved.

If you're having trouble with the handling, try messing around with the LSD, it really makes a difference especially with RAC. Low preload, 40/60 locking % seems to handle quite well.. Depends on the rest of the setup of course

More grip to RAC
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG