The online racing simulator

Poll : Should Squid make "Tweak test drive" video series like this?

Closed since :
Yes, he should
ONLY if he improves the quality of his next videos
No, he should not
Head 2 Head vol.2 [Squid's vids proudly presents]
after a long vacation from LFS movie making Im back

This is a logical evolution of one of my first decent videos ( found here ), that's why it's vol.2
Please Note that I don't speak Japanese, so if you do - please don't comment
that the words and the subtitles don't match at all...I already know that =)

It's a LFSTune movie, my friend offered to test out his LFS Tune set for XRT and I
thought of comparing it to something a bit different

The only flaw I can see is that I have forgotten to render it as a 50 FPS movie,
that's why some moving objects are blurry...

plus I have made a poll on "should this be a fullscale series"

screenies here and here

Youtube clicky me
Watchable Quality [109 MB] Download Here\
WOW!
/me wants more! and where did you get that UF1 (or UF2000 :P) skin?
Nice vid (as usual) Voted that you should make more
I like the series.

A question who have you got driving?
the quality is not too good in this 1,but the movie is pretty cool,voted to 2.
Quote from e2mustang :the quality is not too good in this 1,but the movie is pretty cool,voted to 2.

what are you talking about lol. that was a great movie please do many more man keep it up. good work
Quote from natedog420 :what are you talking about lol. that was a great movie please do many more man keep it up. good work

did u see any of his prev works? compared this tho those its not good quality.even he knows that
Quote from AstroBoy :I like the series.

A question who have you got driving?

For introductions - me, because it's pretty much just flicking the car sideways and so on, for timed runs - the most consistent driver I could find - the AI

@Zachary Zoomy
The skin is attached, it's mine, but anyone can use it

EDIT: D'oh! almost forgot - Thank you for comments
Attached images
UF1_orangejpg.jpg
9/10 Great vis only 9 points because have drift thing

Whats the song name At 5:42?
________
Ford interceptor
Great vid. Very well produced and entertaining.
Great watch as always squidhead!

The naration was funny..
I voted yes to the question because the quality of your video is great. One thing that I noticed you might want to try and fix up is your driving style. I really liked the way you tried to make the car look like it was on the edge of control but there where just so many flaws, especially in the FWD, that it almost looks over the top. Maybe just tone down the side to side movement a little, slide the car, and maintain race speeds... Just a suggestion. Anyways the editing is the big part of this video and it looks great.

Great editing mate, fantastic!
Agreed the posts above. The concept is good, the media is a nice put together.
The only thing that doesn't let me rest in peace, is the AI's performance with the XRT)) Umm, i mean that time it had with the car is not even a challenge for a "stock" XRT, and the XRG can get within 2 seconds easliy. I'm far from the best drifter, and more far from being fast, but took out a spin a 515bhp xrt, and i guess a fast guy can make the course within a minute quite easily as i could almost make it. (edit: with standing start ofc)
So next time i think it'd be better if both car car will driven by humans.
The current AI isn't any fast by default anyway and giving him a fast/strong car just makes it even worse

But as i said the video/movie was great, just can't accept the result
Ndrew - we need a test driver then, and I already tried asking for a hotlapper on this forum once...didn't go that well, and was mostly was told to "learn to drive you pathetic drifter noob"
Quote from squidhead :Ndrew - we need a test driver then, and I already tried asking for a hotlapper on this forum once...didn't go that well, and was mostly was told to "learn to drive you pathetic drifter noob"

You didn't ask me...
I liked the music and there were nice camera angles. My only suggestion is to not do flames next time
Quote from BigTime :You didn't ask me...

WHAT KIND OF A STIG ARE YOU MAN? You were supposed to be the man of mystery
#18 - JEP
WOW !!

What a great video !

Posted in LFSIL site !

Mmm that was very nice. I liked the idea of the subtitles of Japanese; in some ways it's more interesting than plain english.

I have to know... how on earth did you get the movie looking so good? In terms of LFS graphics it's one of the best I've seen. Did you apply filters to the movie, or have you got some Hi-res textures?

Also, the music was very good and it always fitted in well with what was going on.

9/10 - I thought maybe you could have both cars on the drag strip at the same time, and you could have a split screen view for the laps, with custom cameras in the same place looking at the different cars.

Brilliant stuff!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :
9/10 - I thought maybe you could have both cars on the drag strip at the same time, and you could have a split screen view for the laps, with custom cameras in the same place looking at the different cars.

Brilliant stuff!

first point - impossible, the it OOS'ed every time i wanted a replay with both of them together...
the second idea is pretty much nice and I believe I will use it next time... thanks

about the graphics - I can share the secret but...ehm...let's keep it between us (original textures, only brake pads and the wheel changed) I will PM you shortly
I like the idea of the series, but I found the first one to be better (the japanese was a nice touch, although they probably disagree)...

May I suggest using realistic setups next time? Nose up, exhaust scraping on the ground is something you will most likely never see anywhere...
Quote from bbman :May I suggest using realistic setups next time? Nose up, exhaust scraping on the ground is something you will most likely never see anywhere...

ANY suggestions are welcome mate...
The first one was more to the point actually (lots of racing, only important data given), I was thinking more of TG style this time (and possibly in the future)
Quote from squidhead :after a long vacation from LFS movie making Im back

This is a logical evolution of one of my first decent videos ( found here ), that's why it's vol.2
Please Note that I don't speak Japanese, so if you do - please don't comment
that the words and the subtitles don't match at all...I already know that =)

It's a LFSTune movie, my friend offered to test out his LFS Tune set for XRT and I
thought of comparing it to something a bit different

The only flaw I can see is that I have forgotten to render it as a 50 FPS movie,
that's why some moving objects are blurry...

plus I have made a poll on "should this be a fullscale series"

screenies here and here

Youtube clicky me
Watchable Quality [109 MB] Download Here\

very nice video!! could i get the xrt tweak set and the uf1 please.
Might be having idea for next one a AWD XRG with like same horses as UF1 in the movie

VS FR XFG
Could you so kindly share out the set of the UF1 squidhead?.

dank u!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG