The online racing simulator
Another Host problem.
(8 posts, started )
Another Host problem.
Hi Guys.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while but cant get it to work.

Let me explain my current situation.. i live on rooms.. with about 30 people.

We have 1 internet connection shared over all these people. Using 2 routers, from the ISP to the SpeedTouch 716v5 and this one connects to another router a Asus WL-500W (This one sends a wireless signal all over the place, im the only one with LAN-Cable connected to this router). Both upgraded with the latest Firmware.

Also its not a speed problem, i have full speed and very good ping. On both routers the firewalls are disabled.

I have set the ports properly on both routers like shown on Port Forward.com

http://www.portforward.com/eng ... Live_For_Speed_Server.htm
http://www.portforward.com/eng ... Live_For_Speed_Server.htm

it still does not work. My server does show up in the serverlist and i can type stuff like /w pb .. it responds to that and all. but no-one can connect to my server they all get a Guest-Timeout.. Even when everything is properly setup.. it still blocks something and i firmly believe it has something to do with 1 of the 2 routers.. maybe its just incompatible with eachother..

I can join and play on other LFS servers fine tho.. so i have no client-side problems.. only server-side..

Any router-expert.. help me out thanx in advance.
#2 - sun
yer thats done that with me to... its not you its the persons internet or you, what upload speed you got ? if you dont know go to this site http://www.speedtest.net and check it there. What you do is you click on the yellow triangle and there you go. It will start off on its own. Hope it helps ! Owen s2 Licenced.

Like i said. Speed is definately not the problem.
Anyway i fixed the problem by Assigning the original IP Address to my Device/Computername.. Which means im not using a LAN IP Anymore but the Public IP of my ISP (XS4ALL.NL). I configured that in the Speedtouch router.. Which also means its not a problem of the Asus WL-500W but the Speedtouch/Thomson 715v5-WL router
Seriously , Routers are so weird. better NOT to have 1 at all.. Anyway i got it to work now with my LAN IP. i did not set it up in the router but in Windows XP itself Can you believe this crap lol.

This way it changed something in the Speedtouch 716 Router. But its not visible when you just access the router by your browser. The Asus WL-500W is not the problem.

My Speedtouch shows the following Event Log when i create Server rules in Windows XP as shown in the screenshot above.

Info 01:21:59 (since last boot) UPnP action 'AddPortMapping' from ip=192.168.1.64 (Success)
Info 01:21:59 (since last boot) UPnP action 'DeletePortMapping' from ip=192.168.1.64 (No such entry in array)
Info 01:21:59 (since last boot) UPnP action 'AddPortMapping' from ip=192.168.1.64 (Success)
Info 01:21:58 (since last boot) UPnP action 'DeletePortMapping' from ip=192.168.1.64 (No such entry in array)
Info 01:21:58 (since last boot) UPnP action 'AddPortMapping' from ip=192.168.1.64 (Success)
Info 01:21:58 (since last boot) UPnP action 'DeletePortMapping' from ip=192.168.1.64 (No such entry in array)
Info 01:21:58 (since last boot) UPnP action 'AddPortMapping' from ip=192.168.1.64 (Success)

Again you cant see the actual LFS Server settings in the router. only this logs shows something. Also that " No such entry in array" is kinda strange..
#5 - sun
yes i see... i'am getting a router soon if my bro buys it :P
Good luck with your new router then lol, i hope its a good one.
#7 - sun
yeah, lol!
#8 - sun

Another Host problem.
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG