The online racing simulator
Just whipped up a new team skin for myself =)
Attached images
XFG_SCD.jpg
Quote from matijapkc :...that I want to make sure you see it.

I can read every word perfectly fine
Quote :
I'll tell you something. It isn't done in any photoshop. I can use Adobe Photoshop, but I don't. It's just effect added on a picture. OK?

sure, and... well when you have PS i recommend using it because with everything in layers you can easily change things. it might seem complex program (wich is) but for skinning you dont need to know much.

PS: I (we) can delete these post now to keep this thread clean, do we? If you have problems you can always make a thread in WIP.
Quote from JazzOn :...PS: I (we) can delete these post now to keep this thread clean, do we? If you have problems you can always make a thread in WIP.

Seconded, somebody should get rid of the kiddie stuff. Also matijapkc, FYI, it's fairly universally known that multiple amounts of ??, !! and/or caps, especially used together, = poor forum etiquette and is usually taken as offensive in one manner or another. If somehow you didn't know that before, now you do.
If i am allowed to be honest, it's horrible, and those reflections.
oke wizard,

I have seen those screenies and you made me wonder what the heck is wrong with your LFS settings. The reflections are horrible. Did you use Lybce his reflection pack ??. If so you did something wrong dont no what though.

Back to your skin, hmm what can i say. Try to aling the shape accordingly to the shape of the car. For instances, the fire on the site of the car. It starts at the door. If you start were the wheel arches are it looks more natural.

The same with the shape on the bonnet. Its starts in the middle of the bonnet which gives okward viewing due to the first bit of the bonnet starts at the front. If you can align thos things more it would look a lot better.

But firstly get that reflection sorted, that really looks overexposed.
Quote from niels1 :oke wizard,

I have seen those screenies and you made me wonder what the heck is wrong with your LFS settings. The reflections are horrible. Did you use Lybce his reflection pack ??. If so you did something wrong dont no what though.

But firstly get that reflection sorted, that really looks overexposed.

It's meant that way, he made them himself.
@ Wizard, jees dude chill out I gave some constructive critsims. Thats it nothing more. I leave you alone next time. Chill out.
Just some of my skins in a rough looking collage haha, you can see some bits and pieces missing but when i have every car done i will do a proper one =)
Attached images
team1.jpg
XFR - Skin
Nice skins dudes.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :My private XFG skin. XFG_THEWIZARDDK .

Coz its private im only uploading screen shots.

Well im sure i can find more horrible skins than mine.

Thats 4 sure dude..... Maybe with other ref will be better....(Nah:razz

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :Edit4:

Even the Demo racers got this right!!!

We are still persons....... FGS!!!! Get over the demo\Super power S2 thing....
New team skin =)
Attached images
xfrdelete-after.jpg
Quote from Stikyiky :Sweet skin.

Quote from matijapkc :Like!

whats wrong with people nowadays on lfs? everyone seems to like the shittiest skin they see, when before skins were made carefully to look good, nowadays they are rushed with bad decals and stuff, which is one of the reasons i took the skin downlaods off.

Mitch, your skins lack quality. They need to be done neatly, wrapped up properly(example your bad carbon texture on the whole hood, not missing the front part)

My tip = get photoshop or GIMP, and get some decals and prokits from master-skinnerz.com, and use the path tool to create designs and add sponsors that flow with it, not just slap on some stuff
Well cheers for the advice =)
I use photoshop and paint.net to do my skins, i don't have ample time to do a skin that takes a few days to do, throw a design together and wollah. I can't see a problem with the carbon fibre, looks ok to me haha. And obviously some others like it, looks ok to me ingame and thats all that matters to me =).
i like it, but i think he means the hood curves down a little bit, but yo make it look square, especially toward the front. it is a nice skin...better then i can do
Quote from logitekg25 :i like it, but i think he means the hood curves down a little bit, but yo make it look square, especially toward the front. it is a nice skin...better then i can do

NO.
you're missing my point completely as im talking about the quality of the skin overall(horrid CF, horrid placement of logos, logos stretching)

Quote from Mitch_68 :Well cheers for the advice =)
I use photoshop and paint.net to do my skins, i don't have ample time to do a skin that takes a few days to do, throw a design together and wollah. I can't see a problem with the carbon fibre, looks ok to me haha. And obviously some others like it, looks ok to me ingame and thats all that matters to me =).

It's easy to make a nice looking skin in a few hours, does not take matter of days.

Start of with photoshops path/lasso tool and get some reference from real-life car, and maybe adapt the similar style, or modify it for your liking, its not that hard.

About CF Textures: this is what you obviously use, which is plain horrid for a CF texture:

This is the best CF texture lying around, obviously made by bunta, and its the best CF texture available for LFS atm:

The latter is what you should use for the best look in CF.

In your skin, the CF looks oversized. try sizing it 1/8th of the hood, and repeat it if ofcourse, it will line up.

Also yeah, you should consider trying to be more original. There was a team called Fusion already, and your skin looks a little bit like it.

Oh - and use the wireframes of the LFS Pro-Kits - they REALLY help if you want to create a complicated and stylish look to your skin.
An CRO racing skin. (I really love my country. )
There's an little error on the left side of the hood. FIXED. Found another one... Mirrors have shadow. FIXED. -.-
I have an problem... I get dark blue dots at end of hood on each side. No dots on skin. Any recommendations what to do? FIXING IN PROGRESS.
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7271/crod.png
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1702/cro2.png

Blue dot: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5392/fixb.png
Quote from Mitch_68 : And obviously some others like it

And thats whats so sad about it. Whoever comment this as "great" or "good" or even "nice" has no idea or simply is comparing to his own skills, wich must be really bad then. One big thing you should not forget is the stretching. Its so obvious and looks so wrong (especially when you use famous logos 'n decals)

Like Niko said, it really takes not much time to squeeze the logos, but adds alot to the overall quality.

Quote : looks ok to me ingame and thats all that matters to me =).

ok is far away from good

@ matija, WIP section!! This is not the place to discuss about it really. You seem to not being able to learn huh?
BTW check my earlier post. i linked to the skin viewer wich make skinning alot easier and faster
here's one to the best estonian rally team ever

visit them at www.kulliracing.ee

Im giving it out to a few people - for now ill keep it private
Quote from JazzOn :@ matija, WIP section!! This is not the place to discuss about it really. You seem to not being able to learn huh?
BTW check my earlier post. i linked to the skin viewer wich make skinning alot easier and faster

Sorry, I realized it has errors after I posted it. In the game wasn't any errors. I saw them on the screen that I posted and one I saw in garage in game after fixing other two.
My new skin.
Anyone can use it
Attached images
XFG_sponsorless.jpg
Sponsorless.png
Hi this is my first skin and can someone add it lfsw? LINK REMOVED!!!!!

EDIT:Sorry

XF Skins (All)
(2838 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG