The online racing simulator
i mean just have a big "curved wide screen"(that is so wide it wraps around you) that would just be placed around you on a desk or on stands
I'm waiting for full vision google with track IR integreted
Now three of them side-by-side using Kegetys' SoftTH would be impressive....
I don't see the point in a slight curvature. To me, seeing the side of your car on a screen which is actually in front of you (not beside you) would just be downright disorienting. If it had a much more pronounced curvature to the point where it wraps around to your sides, then I could see it being useful.

...Still... I want one.
And companies have worked so hard to make modern displays which are perfectly flat... What a wasted effort...
I think that's the OLED technology that allows that flexing. A few years ago, OLEDs were the way of the future, being cheaper (easier print manufacturing), more energy efficient (requires no backlight). I haven't actually seen any real world products featuring OLEDs until now, but probably they're being used in recent phones and things that require smaller screens.
#32 - joen
Quote from Electrik Kar :I haven't actually seen any real world products featuring OLEDs until now, but probably they're being used in recent phones and things that require smaller screens.

My MP3 player has an OLED screen, and there are a couple of (very expensive) keyboards coming out which use little OLED screens on the keys.
But I guess it still hasn't got enough benefits over LCD for big screens.
Quote from joen :But I guess it still hasn't got enough benefits over LCD for big screens.

it has plenty of benefits
sadly the problem, that prevents oled from deliviering the final death blow to the crap technology that is lcd, is still aging
Quote from thisnameistaken :Please let me know how I'm doing at pretending to understand stuff!

You were doing just fine, until you wrote this sentence.
/steal
It's just 4 monitors stuck together. U can see the lines.

(4 monitors without the crap on the sides)
Quote from HellBoy99 :It's just 4 monitors stuck together. U can see the lines.

(4 monitors without the crap on the sides)

Yup, that's all it is. The point was not to create a REVOLUTIONARY product, but just to take something that people crudely put together in their homes (3-4 monitors) and make it simple, easy, good looking, more convenient, and most importantly, to eliminate the bars in between.

Also, they said that the visible lines should be gone by the time it goes into production.

Alienware Curved Display at CES. OMG I want this now.
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG