G25 problem
(8 posts, started )
G25 problem
Hello everyone,

i'm a noob here at LFS but trhat doesnt mean i dunno how to drive

But i have 1 big problem on my demo! i have set all the key's and pedals the game does recogize my steering wheel but... if i wanna drive off i cannot steer the wheel and the car doesn't move an inch.

i can select gear give gas etc. but the car won't drive. now if i look at the replay it looks the car wants to go but stops at the same moment.

Does anyone has a clue of how i can solve this??

i have a more then enough power on my PC and Ram etc so it cannot be the Hardware. The wheel does perform perfect in rFactor, GTR 2 and Race07

Regards Rowddy.
Quote from Rowddy Dutch :
i can select gear give gas etc. but the car won't drive. now if i look at the replay it looks the car wants to go but stops at the same moment.

That makes me think that you're stalling the engine. Are you using automatic, or manual clutch? If manual, try changing it to automatic and try to drive that way. Because this doesn't sound like any hardware problem, nor does it sound like a problem with how you set up the G25 in LFS.
Hi thanks for the swift reactions i appriciate it very much but it does not solve the problem.
1. engine does not stoll cos the rev meter keeps going and i can add gas or let it loose and rev goes down. in the meantime i put in gear and it does not move. i use an autogearbox because i thought that manual was the problem. hanbrake i select a key for that and that doesn't do the trick also.

The weird thing is i cannot move the steering wheel also as i said before. or do i need to choose and select an axs for it like i did with gas and brakes?? and if yes , wich one? steering wheel doesn't feel like it works also it turns very light.

Hopefully you put me on the right track here but it's sure is complicated in comparance to other games i must say.

Regards Rowddy.
p.s.

i istalled seperate axes for gas and brakes an clutch
This thread shows you how to correctly set up your wheel.
Thanks for the help i just drove my first laps and i drives pretty smooth. I had to compromise though to make it all work i cannot use a clutch atm although everything was set-up as shown in the thread. But it's fun driving like this

1 last question though how do i unlock S1?? i did the driving school and now i cannot because i need to unlock S1. any idea's or is it not possible on a demo?

Regards Rowddy
#7 - Dannz
Buy an S1 license.
Is the power plug pluged in? the G25 doesn't run on USB power alone.

Have you installed the logitech profiler?

G25 problem
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG