The online racing simulator
New Video: Hold the Line - XRT on good old Blackwood
Patch Y made the old multiplayer-replays invalid and forced me to make a new video before I delete my LFS X folder - this is the result

I put some (imo) good racing scenes in this video, all featuring XRT on Blackwood GP. Most of the shown racers are skilled racing-mates from Demo who are, luckily, for the most part licensed meanwhile.

Download (MQ version, 59.9MB)
Zippyshare (please don't use the stream, use the download button instead)
RapidShare

Stream (not updated):
YouTube

EDIT: new version - I didn't touch the footage but only added some filters here and there
liveforspeed.se, 100.5 MB <- direct download link!
Rapidshare, 100.5 MB
Ah, the good old blackwood. Now I get it!
Nicely edited and some very nice driving from all the involved drivers.
Good old times on good old Blackwood... :bowdown:

Nice vid, mate...
hehe, the good old blackwood
nice scenes Jens, good work
once again great video with PERFECT racing its really nice to watch how BL1@XRT legends do it!
i would say 4.8/5, great job mate!
Nice video although the download gets only to 80% before the download fails/stops (mq, zippy)...

Good close racing though
Thanks for the comments!

Quote from Hyperactive :the download gets only to 80% before the download fails/stops (mq, zippy)...

hmm I downloaded it for testing purpose, too - worked fine for me.. so I hope you just had some bad session there

but if anybody else notices the download getting stuck, please let me know, I'll upload it again at zippy or add another mirror then
Nice video.

I guess now we have to find a new combo to learn so we can drive it blind folded haha.
#9 - Gil07
Good video, awesome racing, inch-close finish. Great stuff

Just hold the laiaine
Well this is called Racing! Extraordinary movie for its content, it shows what LFS is really about

And a must-see for all those unbelievers who think XRT is just a drift car and "demo" is a swear-word
nice video! btw did u use tweak? coz i saw far too many numbers on speedo
Quote from kurent :I guess now we have to find a new combo to learn so we can drive it blind folded haha.

should we really spend that much energy in one single combo again?

Quote from Gil07 :Just hold the laiaine

will try xD

Quote from e2mustang :btw did u use tweak? coz i saw far too many numbers on speedo

uhm no - those replays were just from patch W and X (that's why it is the old blackwood). there the speedo had that amount of numbers, it was changed lately, during the many test patches on the way to patch Y
Not bad, not bad...
nice, clean...lacks some extra tension and drama, but most movies do...

solid 8/10 from me since Im not racer, if I was - 9/10
Very simple movie, but GREAT action, loved all of it 9.5/10
Quote from Jens O. :should we really spend that much energy in one single combo again?

hmm, ye, why not? :P
lets meet all legends and then we choose a single combo
#16 - [d9]
green car again in fight with funny named and skinned AIs

btw. there is no protection to overwriting blackwood track data by old ver files, so if you want to try test new physics on old track you still can.
ps. do not upload this way done hotlaps on lfsw
#17 - [d9]
ky2r fzr?

Quote from DJ TimmY :hmm, ye, why not? :P
lets meet all legends and then we choose a single combo

Quote from squidhead :solid 8/10 from me since Im not racer, if I was - 9/10

Biast.

That was a good video i have to say never thought all XRT racing would get that close good job and nice video.
Nice video, I was expecting some Toto in the background "Love isn't always on time, whoa whoa whoa" etc .

I recognised the song you used, but can't put my finger on where I heard it.
Quote from [d9] :green car again in fight with funny named and skinned ...

... and skilled ...
Quote :AIs

Quote from kurent :No way it must have XRT!

..on Kyoto Oval maybe?

Quote from sinbad :I recognised the song you used, but can't put my finger on where I heard it.

I can't tell you where you heard it, but maybe the songname "Hold the Line" (surprise, surprise :tilt by Jeanette is any helpful
Quote from Jens O. :

I can't tell you where you heard it, but maybe the songname "Hold the Line" (surprise, surprise :tilt by Jeanette is any helpful

Thanks, I had a search myself before posting and found who it was by. Maybe it was on a movie soundtrack or something? Heh, maybe it was used on another LFS video
yea maybe it was used in an LFS video before, but then I missed that one

I think here in germany they used the song in DTM broadcasting for a short while, but not 100% sure about that. and probably you didn't watch DTM on german channels
#24 - d6nn
i think it would be better without the sounds
yep, was used for dtm broadcast quite a bit last season but i too guess sinbad didnt hear it there, dont know of any lfs vid with it too though.

nice video jens! yes, could be a bit more action, but thats more a thing of the editing, the racing was pretty fine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG