The online racing simulator

Poll : Which camera views do you use when you are spectating a race?

tv view
Cockpit view (in car)
Third person view (Behind car)
eagle/heli view
Custom view
All Views
View to the front wheels
Which camera views do you use when you are spectating a race?
Simple question. When you are spectating a race whether its a league race or an event or even just a race going on in a random server which camera view do you use the most?

Do you use cockpit view(in the car), View with the front wheels, third person view (Behind the car), eagle/heli view, tv view or a custom one when spectating?

I personally use cockpit view of the person behind the best action and if the finish is about to be really close i put eagle/heli I rarely use TV view or the one to the front wheels.
If i want to learn there stlye and learn, I use cockpit! But if im just watching for fun i use tv!
I made myself a custom view. As long as the car has a passenger seat, I'm sitting on it. Otherwise it's from the drivers seat.
TV if im sipping coffee and wanna see some good action.. Cockpit if i want to spy on someone.
Mix of TV and custom

DK
Quote from [SWE]RE :I made myself a custom view. As long as the car has a passenger seat, I'm sitting on it.

Heh, I do this too sometimes. Combine it with TrackIR and it's brilliant
#7 - Gunn
I use all of them, so I voted for none of them.
I use the Shift+U view, cockpit and standard TV view. All for different purposes. Cockpit for looking at the front runners (on a circuit I don't know well) and general driving talent, TV for when I'm lazy and Shift+U for when there's a really cool battle going on.
shift-u

Quote from Gunn :I use all of them, so I voted for none of them.

=/ you could of voted for all. I put multi choice thing.
Haha, Well he loses out in the funn now!
TV view, or if it is a CTRA server, I do shift U and watch at turn one. Always good entertainment.
#13 - CSU1
yeah, where is the option to vote all views, tis what I use too

whats the point of knowing what view everyone is using anyway?
Quote from CSU1 :yeah, where is the option to vote all views, tis what I use too

Well if you use them all you can vote for all of them? Dont need an extra option you can vote for multiple ones.

Quote from CSU1 :
whats the point of knowing what view everyone is using anyway?

Just out of curiosity (If thats how you write it - =/ better go study for my grammar test.)
I use (of course) the LFS TV Director so it is shift-U mode.

Quote from CSU1 :...whats the point of knowing what view everyone is using anyway?

This is a very, very interesting information for me. Now I see that it is much much more important to include onboard cams (in car view) into my TV Director tool, much more important than ever supposed. So thx to evilpimp for starting this poll.

kind regards
Soeren
bit of everything but mainly tv view.
I use TV view and TVDirector also.
How do you set up the view to the front wheels?

Currently I use cockpit most of the time.
Why would I want to spectate?
Quote from bbman :Why would I want to spectate?

Take a break maybe? coffee break or somethin? Or you want to see how the other people racing are doing maybe?
#21 - Gunn
Quote from evilpimp :=/ you could of voted for all. I put multi choice thing.

But you asked which view, not which views (looks like you changed the wording since I posted). The poll will show a preference for a particular view, and I don't have a preference for a particular view, I use them all. There is no option for people who prefer all views and therefore voting for each one is pointless and does not show the desired trend.
For the record, I use all views when stewarding races. The more angles one can see the better decisions can be made on incidents.

*edit: wheels only view I can't remember using for any purpose though. IMO it has no place in LFS.
Poll question :
Which camera VIEWS do you use when you are spectating a race?

It shows which one is mostly used or the one people that is used by the most people. Usually I doupt people have 1 specific preference so I made it so that you can chose any of them. Sorry if you wanted another question :S I dont know how to add one = /
#23 - Gunn
You should be able to "edit poll" in the top right hand corner.
Cant see it :S
#25 - Gunn
Quote from evilpimp :Cant see it :S

Must be a mod thing

Added the option, though it might be too late in the polling for the info to be of much use.

Just to reiterate, when marshaling or stewarding races, the more views available - the better decisions can be made on incidents or in resolving protests etc.
A particular view might not be a popular choice in a poll like this, but still be quite valuable when used for marshaling.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG