The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
Using Laptop as a Third Monitor On My PC
I already have a dual-screen setup, however i also have a laptop which sits on my desk connected to the network. It would be nice to use this as a third monitor. So far i've downloaded a bit of software called "MaxiVista" which seems like it can do it, but it is complaining about my OS being 64-bit on installing, and it now says it can't find the VGA driver and i need to reboot - i suspect it wont work, though, as the drivers aren't signed and Vista x64 is a PITA about this.

Can anyone recommend any software or guides on how to do to this?

Oh and i'd like to point out that before someone says "go to display properties and click on the monitor..." this is a laptop connecting via LAN. NOT a Monitor that plugs into my PC.

This PC is using Vista Home Premium x64 (vLite'd) and the Laptop is using Vista Business 32-bit SP1.
#2 - Jakg
Just as i thought, it doesn't seem to like Vista x64. Any other ideas please?
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :So far i've downloaded a bit of software called "MaxiVista" which seems like it can do it, but it is complaining about my OS being 64-bit on installing, and it now says it can't find the VGA driver and i need to reboot - i suspect it wont work, though, as the drivers aren't signed and Vista x64 is a PITA about this.

Quote from Jakg :Just as i thought, it doesn't seem to like Vista x64. Any other ideas please?

/me slaps self, Didn't see that.
Jakg, all drivers in Vista x64 need to be signed, unless you feel like disabling it every restart.
#7 - Jakg
I tried installing it with the driver signing disabled, but it still wouldn't work.

(Subtle Bump)
-
(Bean0) DELETED by Bean0
#8 - Jakg
Erm, how does VNC etc help? I want to use the laptop as an extra screen for my PC...
Are you talking about VNC as in like what you use to connect to another computer? Or is that another acronym for something related to MaxiVista?
#10 - Jakg
VNC as in controlling another computer over a network.

ANY Suggestions here?
Try Synergy. Haven't used it myself, so don't really know anything about it.
I used Synergy on my Mac with my PC (or something very very similar), which worked lovely.
I don't know how you could use VNC to add a third monitor, but it would be useless for anything other than like reading email and such because of the rate at which the screen image would load. As for how you would go about actually doing it, you got me. As far as I know, most VNC clients are designed JUST to mimic the current display - so IDK how you'd add a 'virtual' monitor and then get VNC to show that on another monitor.

Using Laptop as a Third Monitor On My PC
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG