The online racing simulator
FXO GTR (4WD): knobbly tyres mod?
(57 posts, started )
Hello

sorry , might be inappropriate to ask or might have been already asked. But a while ago, under version ... T or S it was possible to enable the FXO GTR car to equip with knobbly tyres and run it on a rally cross track. I have came accross a rallycross online league article on LFSnews webiste and downloaded that small patch from another website. I really enjoyed driving the FXO GTR as a rally cross car, it was just freaking awesome. Then LFS got updated and the whole stuff disappeared , i couldn't find anymore that patch nor anything talking about it, that article has also disappeared from the LFSnews website, if i remember correctly the online competition was made by some french folks and they were requiring to have that patch in order to equip the FXO GTR with knobbly tyres. I think enabling the FXO GTR car to use knobbly tyres was a really good idea and it expanded the interest of the game to another level for people that does not necesserly like driving slick road / races. And i was just wondering if someone made a new patch for current version Y ?

and also i have a question: since LFS is probably the best car sim ever made for PC, why this wouldn't be possible in the original game ???

Does anyone have something against this idea? if so, please explain, what's wrong with the FXO GTR to have knobbly tyres. I don't really like the other two cars for the rally cross.

thanks.
That application you used was SlickMod, it allows to equip any tyres on any cars...

Sadly it hasn't been updated since then...
Quote from [RF]-art555 :That application you used was SlickMod, it allows to equip any tyres on any cars...

Sadly it hasn't been updated since then...

bingo! SlickMod
ok; i have just found it:

it was SLICKMOD of 22.12.2006 for LFS S2 v0.5V by Kegetys

i wish, someday he could update it to use on Y
still nothing
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
i think im gonna start learning all that HEX editing bs and make one.. lol

i just don't understand why the original game does not allow to put knobbly tyres on the FXO GTR car doh...
Quote from B0mberMan :i think im gonna start learning all that HEX editing bs and make one.. lol

i just don't understand why the original game does not allow to put knobbly tyres on the FXO GTR car doh...

Because its a race car, for use on race tracks. Its not a road car and it isn't intended to be raced on the dirt.
Quote from mcintyrej :Because its a race car, for use on race tracks. Its not a road car and it isn't intended to be raced on the dirt.

of course, but it races just great on dirt too.
Attached images
rn.jpg
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Off-road tyres on the fxo gtr are meant for wrc-like racing. The rb4 is too slow for the dirt tracks. The fxo gtr reminds me of the old group B in WRC... So fun to drive on the dirt!!
Quote from lucifer_greece :Off-road tyres on the fxo gtr are meant for wrc-like racing. The rb4 is too slow for the dirt tracks. The fxo gtr reminds me of the old group D in WRC... So fun to drive on the dirt!!

i fully agree, mate.
is the rb4 that slow?like cant it keep up with the xrt anymore i thought they balanced out the tbo class cars
Even with locked diff on 50% F/R distribution you can't maintain the wheel spin necessary for sliding out of a turn while in a relatively high gear.
Plus, due to lack of downforce spoilers and because of it's narrow tyres, even if you tweak the engine up to 330hp (wrc spec), the car will be sliding like it's on ice!
But on tarmac, the rb4 rolls like a dream!
Quote from lucifer_greece :Even with locked diff on 50% F/R distribution you can't maintain the wheel spin necessary for sliding out of a turn while in a relatively high gear.
Plus, due to lack of downforce spoilers and because of it's narrow tyres, even if you tweak the engine up to 330hp (wrc spec), the car will be sliding like it's on ice!
But on tarmac, the rb4 rolls like a dream!

true enough. that's why we need a WRC variation of the FXO GTR
Quote from B0mberMan :true enough. that's why we need a WRC variation of the FXO GTR

hmmmmmmm......

+1 for fxr wrc
+1
Although we don't need a special version. Just knobbly/hybrid tyres! The suspension height is perfect when set on max. We already got adjustable downforce, powerfull engine with lots of torque, very good weight (1130kg - WRC spec is 1200kg), and of course AWD.
We just have to wait for Bob Smith's Tweak or Ciph's LFSTune so that we can set the engine specs (turbo, 2-2.5lt, 330hp, as much torque as possible).
The only thing missing is an active differential but we can do without it!
Quote from lucifer_greece :+1
We just have to wait for Bob Smith's Tweak or Ciph's LFSTune so that we can set the engine specs (turbo, 2-2.5lt, 330hp, as much torque as possible).
The only thing missing is an active differential but we can do without it!

uhmm.. not sure if we need to tweak the engine specs to get that power, because in earlier LFS version with the Keg's Slickmod it was just fine , at least for me..

just make the kobbly/hybrid tyres

can we have any thoughts from the gods .. ermmm devs! on this idea?

as of today, there ain't no decent WRC cars in LFS.
...or decent dirt tracks.

It's a bit unfair for us, the WRC fans, considering the popularity of the sport.
Ciph's LFS tune is now supporting all tire types for the XRG so i guess it won't be long until we got them for all cars.
how can u have all tire types for xrg?
Thnx mate!
But still, RB4 has no downforce, that's why we'd like all tires for all cars. We don't need power, we need traction! (downforce + knobbly tires)
nice!

but still nothing for the FXO GTR ?
we need an updated slick mod...
[Ciph's LFS tune is now supporting all tire types for the XRG so i guess it won't be long until we got them for all cars.]

.....how do you change the tires?
no it doesn't...what versions is this? I'm using the newest in that thread..2.1 build 1...I can't choose race tires for the XRG...

(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG