The online racing simulator
Nissan GTR
(24 posts, started )
Nissan GTR
Hello all,

To start off new year, i went with this Nissan GTR, just felt like posting if anyone is interested.
Attached images
11to3.jpg
VERY nice!
Amazing job! Great work! How much time did it take you for that ???
On and off for a month. Yes, im very very slow. But that was because i didnt have proper front blueprints. The lack of motivation and everything. But now it is a lot easier.
Heh I've always wonder how it was done. Do you just use the blueprints and it creates the shape then you do the colors. If its too long to explain either try to explain really simple in one sentence lol or dont bother
are you using 3dsmax or sth else?
The blueprints are used for reference, and i use poly modelling to create the shape, then materials are added for final image.

I use 3ds max since its easier to learn.
Quote from KanseiDneova :On and off for a month.

:zombie:
ouch

How dense is your polylines, or do you mind showing off your edges?
easier to learn? sorry but i find 3dsmax NOT easy to learn, right after Blender...
Nah, it doesn't take long to learn, but then again learning is different from increasing skill and mastering a technique.

The thing is, is you can't really learn it from someone else, everyone has their own little ways of doing stuff, their own technique, no single 3d modeler models the same way, and learning one way just forces you to learn that way when.. you don't need to do that in the beginning, learn your own way and.. increase in skill that way, that's how I learned, granted I haven't done much nor have I had much time for really anything anymore, but that's a different story.

Learning how to use software is the easy part, mastering it is what takes years and patience.
I agree with XCNuse, it is easy to learn but take lots of practice to be good.
3Ds max's modelling tools are comprehensive for you to create anything very quickly.
Wire is a wee bit dense, but i managed to keep it clean. Here is an update, GTR logo done, work in progress with hood and fenders. Also a quicky render, nothing special

@micha, i think its quite easy. There are way many more tutorials out there for it. You'll find pretty much about everything there is to know
Attached images
testrender3.jpg
wire1.jpg
testrender1.jpg
i'm used to model in Cinema 4d, and tried to use 3dsmax, that's were the confusion begann
I'm just surprised how different these two interfaces are handled.
For example (as stated by someone else) you don't seem to have a unified texture manager wich is responsible for applying certain textures to the meshes.
So basically i see how many people use 3dsmax and i wonder how long it would take to re-learn the abillities in 3ds again wich i'm already used to in Cinema.

regards
#14 - JJ72
That's nice.

How'd you make out the contour with such a blurry blueprint though? with some guess work from reference photos?
I match up the 3d model with a refernce pic to get the most accuracy out of it. in the end i'll make some hi-res blueprints
#16 - JJ72
I guess that's really where experience and talent comes in, really impressed.
Mesh isn't to bad, I thought it was going to be far denser than it is, not very even (isn't very good :S)
Some places are good, many can be improved, but seems you have an idea over materials atleast
Can any of you tell me show me a tutorial, how to begin such a project like this? I have 3ds max 8. What else do I need?

Thanks in advance
You're doing a great job, can't wait to see it finished
I'm subscribed!
Always wanted to be able to model, but always gave up on it. Only used Zmodeler too which isn't all that great.
OMG!:yikes: Amazing... Great work... Did you used 3DsMAX?
Nice work! Keep it up!
p.s.: use chamfer on the the lights!
I like it, i have tryed doing somethink like this before......i made a big mess of it.
sweet! Ive only tryed to model in zmodeler but it got all wrong
-
(KanseiDneova) DELETED by KanseiDneova

Nissan GTR
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG