The online racing simulator
Allow AI cars on dedicated hosts
I am trying to setup a Pacecar using the actual AI.
However to run a AI u need to be a real player. A dedicated host itself
can't run an AI.
But for a pacecar it would be nice to have it run directly on host rather then client side.
As well as there are probs with selecting different cars/sets/colours for the AI when the player itself is already in the race.
+100
Not flaming or anything I just want to know how the AI behaves like a pace car in the first place? They will want to keep going around the track...
no, you can send them to spec/pits after passing start finish line with a program.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Not flaming or anything I just want to know how the AI behaves like a pace car in the first place? They will want to keep going around the track...

Well I will handle all these things via InSim.
Pacecar is automatically placed in front and leave the race before green flag is given.
The speed will be limited by the set.
Surely it would be better to have a straight out rolling start option.

+1 for one of them
The problem with this, at the moment, is that the dedicated server doesn't run any physics at all, as far as I know
Quote from yankman :Well I will handle all these things via InSim.
Pacecar is automatically placed in front and leave the race before green flag is given.
The speed will be limited by the set.

But will all the cars behind it not crash into it or into eachother?
if the cars behind are not able to drive 150 km/h without crashing then yes... but the goal is, people behave on the racetrack behind the pacecar

as a next step, penalties can be given out if a car overtakes the pacecar before start finish line
Quote from niall09 :But will all the cars behind it not crash into it or into eachother?

Well with current state of insim it is not hard to ensure ppl are not exceeding a certain speed limit or overtaking each other.
In case of crashes it is more difficult to maintain the order of cars or even give out penalties.
I have to look in this when serious testing starts.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG