The online racing simulator
Blurred text - HD3850
(19 posts, started )
#1 - Gil07
Blurred text - HD3850
I've recently got the ATI Radeon HD3850 to replace my old crap graphics card. The problem is, that all the text, etc now looks very blurred. In LFS the problem is even more strange... The text looks like crap, but the actual car looks better than ever (max AA/AF) (viewer screen attached. Any solution for this? Using the latest ATI drivers...
Attached images
img1.jpg
img2.jpg
#2 - Gil07
Hmm, now all AA and AF are gone in LFS, and it looks like crap

Could it be that my power supply isn't up to the standard?
Man you gotta be on pot! It's not your GFX, try using 4096*4096 skins and your graphics will be awesome again...
#4 - Gil07
Quote from Riders Motion :Man you gotta be on pot! It's not your GFX, try using 4096*4096 skins and your graphics will be awesome again...

Well done on completely missing the point

Now got a BSOD from ati2dvag.exe when opening the viewer. I'll try the driver reinstall again
Quote from Riders Motion :Man you gotta be on pot! It's not your GFX, try using 4096*4096 skins and your graphics will be awesome again...

Look at the text on the second screenshot with in lfs viewer, now either theres somehting wrong there or im on pot to...
Yes, there nothing to be done with the skins, look at the buttons of the Viewer.
#8 - Gil07
Nope, all settings were already at max. And the problem is not only LFS, it's everything, browser, e-mail, etc, all text is not very sharp...

LFS works fine though after the driver reinstall (so far) \o/ Now why do all the fonts (and the smileys on this forum, for example) in other programs still look unsharp?
Quote from Gil07 :Nope, all settings were already at max. And the problem is not only LFS, it's everything, browser, e-mail, etc, all text is not very sharp...

LFS works fine though after the driver reinstall (so far) \o/ Now why do all the fonts (and the smileys on this forum, for example) in other programs still look unsharp?

The only problem i see is the text in lfs viewer? ill take a closer look
I just got myself a HD 3870 and I wonder what are the best drivers to use.
Official Catalyst 8.2 or Omega drivers 4.8.442 (based on Catalyst 7.12) ?
Any advices ?

You're on pot.
maybe the driver is set to force some stupid resolution/ refresh rate that isn't really supported by your monitor?
Did you installed the newest catalyst? (link)

Maybe you have to use other settings in catalyst....
Quote from AndreABG :maybe the driver is set to force some stupid resolution/ refresh rate that isn't really supported by your monitor?

how exactly would the monitor have any influence on what you see on a screenshot?
well on the first screenshot I can't see any problems with the text - but he reports it to be blured...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Has your problem been solved yet? If so, what did you do?

Clicking the "AUTO" button on my monitor fixed it, for some reason
Quote from Gil07 :Clicking the "AUTO" button on my monitor fixed it, for some reason

Was just going to suggest that, also happened to me after upgrading to a X1950XTX from a X1950Pro.

Blurred text - HD3850
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG