The online racing simulator
um idk where to start
(8 posts, started )
um idk where to start
im interested in making a tweak program for x. personal use only. but where would i start? any help appreciated
You need to learn how to program - Visual C, C++, C# or any other language you can think of can probably (maybe) do it. Then you need to reverse-engineer the .exe, and work out what values in memory change what values in game. Then work out their limits, and make your program capable of changing them on the fly.

Easy...

Not.
Google. Perhaps posting in the Requests area of the Programmer's forum. Perhaps searching these forums for the several (thousand) other similar requests.

Where to start.. I might be wrong, which is why I dont program mod's for LFS, but I was made to believe that these tweak mods edit things stored in memory from LFS, so perhaps a starting place would be to learn how to edit LFS Memory, Learning InSim and OutGuage, and learning a programming language.

Good Luck.
The key is memory editing, but I'm not convinced how much support you'll get in this subforum, given your rather obvious goal
thanks for the help ill look into memory programming. as far as the tweak i have no interest in EVER releasing anything so no worries there.
It isn't difficult, compared to say coding a cheat for a game such as BF2 but you're still going to need to understand a few fundamental things to get going. Firstly you're going to have to either concentrate on the memory hacking/debugging aspect of it all, or focus on learning some basic programming to wrap it into a nice little package.

I suppose someone could come along and just give you all the answers and show you how to do it, but that will only lead to you releasing it and generally causing a mess for the forum overlords. I guess if you took some time and went about how to do it properly, you'd take a greater interest in releasing something to the public as well for yourself.

If you however get an S2 license I'll consider giving you some of my source code related to LFS stuff, as well as a few other pointers on how to get going - If you're intrested that is
i understand everyones concern but like i said i have no intent to release anything! not now not if i get good im just not interested for that, just learn a little and have some fun. what should i be learning ? c, c#
Quote from ronchie :i understand everyones concern but like i said i have no intent to release anything! not now not if i get good im just not interested for that, just learn a little and have some fun. what should i be learning ? c, c#

The concern is more to do with you being demo then anything else, if you have the ability to pretty much create your own cars then you're almost licensed (apparently - although I disagree).

As for a language well I'm not sure its up to you really, I've been playing with VB6/VB.NET and some other variants but Its down to you really.

You can find a free copy of VB.NET Express @ the Microsoft website - Just google "VB.NET Express" or C# Express I think?

um idk where to start
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG