NK Namie
rFactor
Redline GTP mod for N2003
Toca/CMR/NFS
SCGT
GP4
#1 - ajp71
Best sim?
It would be rather purposeless to post a poll of the best sim on the official LFS board with LFS as an option, so I'm interested in seeing what your favourite is other than LFS
RBR for evah!11
Hmm, maybe I'll buy a GTR for me as a christmas present. Need something different for a while. Not that LFS is getting boring or something like that. It just feels like LFS has tought me some new tricks....

And they (who's they? well, dude, THEY) say that the GTR demo doesn't show how good it actually is. Even though I hate all ISI creations I really need to prove myself that those GTRs can be simulated only in LFS. Or maybe I'll just buy rF. But guess it needs a creditcard, maybe I'll get a creditcard for myself.

So I voted for GPL.
Had to vote NR2003 as it's the only sim I've played other than LFS. LFS was the first online and pulled me away from my offline NR2003. Well, it's not the only other I've played, but I didn't see Indycar Racing 2 up there, LOL. I only stopped playing it when I finally got a half decent PC last year round this time. I would vote ICR2, since it kept me happy from 1995 to 2004 :eye-poppi .
I tried the GTLegends demo(is not so good), GTR demo,and finaly the LFS demo...the best sim ever is Gran Turismo 4, but for pc i like more :lfs: S2, i will buy S2 license soon,christmas present. and i dont like got a lot of mods to download for play in diferent servers or leagues like "rFactor concept", so i vote for :lfs:
LFS is what I like the most, but I really do love Papyrus sims.

I used to play GPL ages ago when it first came out, it was my first true simulation, and taught me a lot. However, I play it now, and it feels very outdated still, and I didn't pick GPL actually (would pick it for 'best sim' 2 years ago maybe, but not now), which is why I like Papy's newer Nascar simulations. The GTP mod was great, felt a bit buggy, but was good fun. A shame things didn't go well for that mod.

LFS & Nascar/GTP, are my choices.

For ONCE I am SO glad you did not put Gran Turismo 4 on there, horrible game that is NOT a simulation on many accounts, thank you.... :zombie:
Quote from Patussay :the best sim ever is Gran Turismo 4

Argh. :doh: You have just made a sin. :mad:
Why, RBR of course. Never played GPL so I don't know, but from what I hear it would be my second choice. Namie is also one of the few with the potential to be good, emphasis on "potential". It doesn't actually have enough content to really get my vote.
RBR Rocks!
but NFS, a SIM? :wtf2: LMAO :ices_rofl
Quote from AndroidXP :Why, RBR of course. Never played GPL so I don't know, but from what I hear it would be my second choice. Namie is also one of the few with the potential to be good, emphasis on "potential". It doesn't actually have enough content to really get my vote.

Try the GPL 2004 demo. It's updated "all-in-one" (with mods) version of the official (very old) demo. I played it few months ago for the first time ever and it was quite an interesting expecience.

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/GPL/downloads/3239

Quote from Evoluti0n_II :RBR Rocks!

NFS1? I think it could be considered as a some kind of sim, at least when you think about the standards at that time.
yea, true...but all NFS´s are arcade rice.
i need something real, like LFS or RBR
Quote from Evoluti0n_II :yea, true...but all NFS´s are arcade rice.
i need something real, like LFS or RBR

I just wouldn't call Ferraris and Lambos arcade rice Though they were in NFS1 though. This brings back some memories: I remember once I was in a games shop and asked the clerk which one to buy, the NFS1 or the Ridge Racer. He said: Buy the ridge racer, it's more realistic!:huepfenic
Quote from deggis :NFS1? I think it could be considered as a some kind of sim, at least when you think about the standards at that time.

The NFS with all the Porsches was actually OK at the time but I added that choice for the ricers, should have put GT4 on there as well
well GTR and GTP.. are the best sims atm

RBR is also very good...

LFS is a good game... very good online but atm it have some weird things in the driving simulation..

Its really a hard choise, but my vote goes to GTR
LFS and RBR.
Quote from ajp71 :The NFS with all the Porsches was actually OK at the time but I added that choice for the ricers, should have put GT4 on there as well

but GT4 is waaaay better than NFS6+
Quote from herki :but GT4 is waaaay better than NFS6+

Well don't complain that it's not on the list of 'sims' made by Codies/NFS then
Why isn't Nascar Heat in the list?
I think discounting (like in finance) of vintage sims to nowadays would make things too complicated. Let's compare only today's value, even not NPV.
#20 - axus
LFS only here, however RBR is probably the best simulation on the list. It is rally oriented though so its just good for rally - if you aren't into rally then its no good...
Quote from Evoluti0n_II :RBR Rocks!

Yep, it simulates Ricing
my vote went to rbr.
when the heck is nkpro coming out? i thought it was december but on bhmotorsports it says 2006...
Attached images
xsarapreviewurq.jpg
lancer_preview_pic_group_n.jpg
Previewffffffffffffffffff.jpg
Quote from Gabkicks :my vote went to rbr.
when the heck is nkpro coming out? i thought it was december but on bhmotorsports it says 2006...

Quick conclusion: it's delayed.

RBR
Attached images
lancia_s4.jpg
i used to love rally trophy. at the time it had great physics but i haven't played it in a few years now.

anyone else ever play Rally Trophy?

speedfreak227
Yeah I still have it installed It's not that fantastic anymore, but having said that it's not bad either. Gives me an hour of enjoyment every now & then..

Best sim?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG