The online racing simulator
RAC: turbo lag and competitiveness
Notice that at 8 psi its pretty fast like its running on c16 or is it just me.

Just a idea, a bigger turbo on the xrt with lag would require a different driving style, something like gt3582r on a 2ltr capable of 315 rwk on full boost after 5,000 rpm. Depending on the track the car can be slower or faster.
#3 - Osco
a 50 shot of nitrous will help spool that thing
a regular T28 (gt2560) on a 2l engine will put out over 270 hp at 15 psi, perhaps model the RAC turbo like a T3 super 60 or something, instead of a shipsize turbocharger
Turbo lag is really weird still in LFS. It's certainly one of the unfinished aspects of the sim.
Not sure how it's been since Y (we'll find out tonight in the first round of the RSWC to use patch Y), but the RAC is very competitive against it's main rival, the FZ5, as seen in the RSWC where the fast RAC drivers pretty much continually beat the FZ5.

Any adjusting of the RAC will undress this balance with the FZ5 and give it an advantage.
Well, it seems to me like you are saying staying past the red line is gonna damage your engine or something, well engine damage isn't in LFS yet... So you don't have to worry about that!

Eventhough in the 2nd and 3rd paragraph you are seeming to say it's handicapped. If anything, to me the RAC seems faster, the FZ5 seems alot ..... snappier, and less sluggish, than in the last patch.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, it seems to me like you are saying staying past the red line is gonna damage your engine or something, well engine damage isn't in LFS yet... So you don't have to worry about that!

Wrong, there is rudimentary engine damage in LFS, take a car, accel up to speed, then over rev it hard coming down the gearbox, you will notice how easy it is to do damage
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Regardless, changing it without changing the fz5 is not really possible, because it would unbalance the cars.
Quote from danowat :Wrong, there is rudimentary engine damage in LFS, take a car, accel up to speed, then over rev it hard coming down the gearbox, you will notice how easy it is to do damage

But you aren't going to do that by MISTAKE are you? I'm talking about continuous redlining, it doesn't damage the engine one bit
You can quite easily do it be mistake, I remember an ESL race in the FXR, one of the easier engines to damage, by the end of the race, my engine was popping from being damaged quite a lot.
Quote from danowat :You can quite easily do it be mistake, I remember an ESL race in the FXR, one of the easier engines to damage, by the end of the race, my engine was popping from being damaged quite a lot.

Well, in my experience i CAN'T damage the engine enough for it to hamper me unless I do it on purpose..
Quote from ussbeethoven : 8000rpm in second gear. Don't get me wrong, revving till the end of gauge was unrealistic to me too and I really appreciate the changes made witch X30+ but limiting RAC at the redline is not helpful to fight turbo lag.

I would not agree that it is unrealistic to rev an engine to the end of the gauge. I used my last car for the road and track, it had a 7,500rpm redline and on one track it was faster to leave the car in second gear and leave it rev to 8,500rpm rather than change gear.

Also it,s a small track and the only place where I would use 3rd was the start finish straight, so the engine would spend a fair amount of time in the very high revs and I never had any damage done to the engine after visiting this track 7 times in one and a half years plus 6 other outings at other tracks and road driving.
Quote from eight6er :I would not agree that it is unrealistic to rev an engine to the end of the gauge. I used my last car for the road and track, it had a 7,500rpm redline and on one track it was faster to leave the car in second gear and leave it rev to 8,500rpm rather than change gear.

Also it,s a small track and the only place where I would use 3rd was the start finish straight, so the engine would spend a fair amount of time in the very high revs and I never had any damage done to the engine after visiting this track 7 times in one and a half years plus 6 other outings at other tracks and road driving.

What car, it has to be something German, Perhaps a VW or an Audi. My guess
Nope, 1991 nissan 180sx and still on its original engine! All I ever had to do was change the oil and put petrol in it. I don't buy german cars anymore, mainly because I've had bad experiences with BMW.
Quote from eight6er :Nope, 1991 nissan 180sx and still on its original engine! All I ever had to do was change the oil and put petrol in it. I don't buy german cars anymore, mainly because I've had bad experiences with BMW.

That's BMW tho... 6 cylinders of PAIN and High Tax (in the UK at least) but for a Nissan, that's boosted the reputation for me, shame that alot of Nissan's look like shit tho, especially the new ones!
Ya the tax for a 325i is over 1000 euros a year here in Ireland! Early sports Nissans are not too bad looking, when you own one it grows on you. With a few exceptions, I dont like the look of any new cars myself. I never buy cars based on looks anyway, I only buy cars that have what ever qualities I'm looking for at the time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG