The online racing simulator
Anyone here listen to hip hop?
(91 posts, started )
When I think of LFSers & music, I picture the Europeans listening to techno/trance/house and the Americans listening to rock/metal/pop. Does anybody here listen to hip hop (both classic and contemporary) like A Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, Common, Mos Def, etc.. ?
Quote from Lebaron :When I think of LFSers & music, I picture the Europeans listening to techno/trance/house

I don't think that's true at all.

I don't like Hip Hop, it's a little bit better than the techno-shit, though. According to you, I would be American.
I must be american too...
No no.. lol... I'm not trying to imply something about anybody. I'm trying to fight my own stereotype created from frequently occurring observations. Now I'm not going to research every genre, but my curiosity lies in the field of hip hop. So I'm looking for filtered input, not deductions which are tangential to my query. Thanks for the responses so far though!
I love proper Hip-Hop music, NY Hip-Hop, stuff like that it's ace.
/Nips off to find a Grandmaster Flash CD

I cannot stand Hip-Pop though, like Dre, 50 Pence, Eminem etc
#6 - Gil07
Can't stand hip-hop at all

Rock and metal all the way. Some classical music is nice too.
all i listen is hip hop
MTV go go go
#8 - Bean0
I listen to old Cypress Hill and the Beastie Boys every now and then, think I have some Tribe Called Quest somewhere and Guru's Jazzmatazz albums as well.

I never liked any of the Wu Tang stuff or Eminem.
I listen to any and everything...somethings wrong with me ?
Quote from Lebaron :Does anybody here listen to hip hop (both classic and contemporary) like A Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, Common, Mos Def, etc.. ?

I still like the older stuff, but then I'm quite old now. Public Enemy, NWA, KRS1, De La Soul, Beasties, Jungle Brothers, EPMD, Large Professor, The Goats, stuff like that.

I can't listen to modern mainstream rap music - it just doesn't sound very creative to me.
same another oldie hip hopper here too

Funkdoobist once said "get me a pop tart, this movies's great"
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think that's true at all.

it's a little bit better than the techno-shit, though. According to you, I would be American.

You mean, like the techno-shit produced in Germany by people like Oval, Bernard Gunther, Frank Bretschneider, Paul Kalkbrenner, Funkstorung, or by the likes of labels such as the now gone Mille Plateaux? Or the shit produced by artists such as Alva Noto aka Carsten Nicolai, both alone and paired with the likes of Sakamoto, Pan Sonic and others?

I suspect you have no knowledge of the techno scene, except for the most popular and less artistic results. In fact the German techno scene has offered to listeners of academic music a wealth of masterpieces and has generated a lot of styles which may not be so well known, but they're valued by music lovers as milestones in Electronic Music, and I'm not talking about pop.

I guess that some important aspects are lost on people who are too concentrated on what the radio plays. It's their right, but they may miss what happens just right under their nose.
I can't stand techno and hiphop aswell, and I don't listen to radiopop either. Rock, metall, alternative for me.

Its funny that the Americans suspect us Germans to only hear Techno and/or Rammstein.

@Albieg: people may miss what happens just right under their nose when they don't hear techno? I just don't like that music

What I listen to
Quote from ACCAkut :
@Albieg: people may miss what happens just right under their nose when they don't hear techno? I just don't like that music

What I listen to

You can dislike techno as much as I dislike cheap unartistic music, I don't care about that, but I suspect you don't know what I'm talking about. Just don't twist and contort my sentences to make me say something I didn't say.
i like hip-hop, i also like metal, punk, rock, pop and generally any music even classical as for driving in lfs i listen to the engine XD
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
But for some raw hip hop, listen to Immortal Technique!
Seriously, as a lyricist, the guy might be untouchable.

If you like good hip hop with socially conscious lyrics, search for the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy. Language of Violence is an absolute masterpiece of hip hop, and other songs retain the same qualities too.
Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Ill Bill, Jeru The Damaja, A Tribe Called Quest, Company Flow, etc.
Quote from Albieg :If you like good hip hop with socially conscious lyrics, search for the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy. Language of Violence is an absolute masterpiece of hip hop, and other songs retain the same qualities too.

It was long since deleted, but The Goats - Tricks of the Shade was an awesome album. Inbetween the tunes there's these little skits telling the story of Uncle Scam's Federally Funded Welfare & Freak Show, where the attractions include Leonard Peltier in a cage, Noriega's coke stand, and Rovie Wade the sword swallower.
*sings* All my friends listen to hip hop, but I am into folk */sings*

I listen all kinds of music, at this moment in my car I have a classical music station, which plays really classic concerts, opera and jazz. It's really calming to drive But on the other hand there is also a tuning beats CD in my car. Or the main stream channels, CD's of those too, a bit more alternative stations are also preset...

So.. Whatever
#20 - Osco
I can certainly enjoy some old school hip hop, aswell as many other types of music.

the only thing I can not stand is hardcore crap, aka abusing a drumcomputer and calling the outcomes a 'song'
I hate hip hop so much as reggaeton
#22 - th84
I like the old hip hop.. RUN DMC, the old UGK (rip pimp C), old Eightball & MJG, KRS-one etc etc.

The new(er) rap is garbage.

My music of choice while I race is The New album "Stop playing that damn game" by that new artist...."my ole lady".
Punk, Rock, Metal, only real music...
Wu-Tang (and most associated spinoffs), Clipse, older Dre & NWA, and Nas are good, and some of the backpacker shit like Cannibal Ox, MF Doom, etc are ok too.
hip hop and rap all day... maybe some Rnb to

(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG