The online racing simulator
"TC" Class? A thought...
Hi,

With some inspriation of real-life touring car championships like BTCC and WTCC, I got the idea to lower the "big" GTR's power levels to their standard road going counterparts to run along side a XFR that weights the same as it's standard car. Although the GT2s (I perfer calling them GT3s because they're nowhere near GT2-class level) are very similar in this respect, I thought that perhaps this might just be a good idea. Sure, it might not be as popular as the UF-BR might be, but it's worth a try, right?

Here's the restrictions for each of the three cars I got to so far:
XF-TC : No restriction, 100 kg ballast. (230 bhp/940 kg)
XR-TC : 46% restriction, 100 kg ballast. (245 bhp/1200 kg)
FX-TC : 48% restriction, no ballast. (234 bhp/1100 kg)

I have not analyzed the balance in deep detail.
XF-TC should be all-round in terms of strengths and weaknesses
XR-TC should be able to beat the other two on faster tracks
FX-TC should be able to out-corner the other two, also be the easiest to drive of all the TCs

Setup Rule for XR and FX-TCs:
- No amount of wing angle other than 0 degrees will be accepted.

With this, I think as a racing class for Silver-CTRA licenced drivers, it (might) make a nice bridge from UFBR and TBOs to the much more powerful GT2 (Er, GT3) cars. This will probably NEVER make in into the official CTRA servers thing, but it's worth a try, right?
+1 Great idea. WTCC and such looks really fun!
Hoping to see this I'd definetly love to see these car classes added in servers like CTRA.
I don't think an additional server would work well.

Race 2 and Race 3 aren't exactly full all the time so there would be even less drivers on each server if there was a third one.
But pretty much now, Server 2 and 3 of the Race ones can have you running along side the XFR and UFR not in the same class though but non the less its the same thing you are proposing or relativly close.
#5 - SamH
As Ziggy says, there aren't enough racers to sustain new servers at the moment. When we get the X-League up and running, a class like this could definitely be the place to race though!
Quote from LFSn00b :Only thing would be that XFR and UFR would be muuch faster on turns :/

I think because the "GTR" cars have even wider slicks than the XF/UF, that corner speed differences wouldn't be an issue

If the balance is close enough this could make a great little mixed car field for some one off races or a league of some kind

SD.
It's also impossible to monitor wing angles by InSim IIRC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG