The online racing simulator
NHL Winter Classic
(7 posts, started )
NHL Winter Classic
Hello my fellow NHL loving North Americans! So, who is watching the Winter Classic Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Buffalo Sabers? Judging by the game on Saturday being essentially a 0-1 win by (my loved) Penguins over possibly the best in the league the last few years, since the 2nd goal was just an "icing on the cake" empty netter, it should be a pretty darn good game. Beings it is Pittsburgh playing, it is especially exciting for me. I hadn't known of the 2003 game played in an outdoor stadium previous to this one coming up.

Anyone else going to watch the game? Anyone watch the 2003 outdoor game?
shootout!!!

This game was rather wet, at least now there is good snow fall. The 2003 game looked frickin' freezing.
Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Quite disappointed in the 2nd and 3rd period. Pittsburgh played good in the first, then let Miller hang out the rest of the game and watch. 3rd wasn't too bad though. Colby with a non-hook penalty at the end to put them a man down for nearly half the overtime. Sykora and Crosby prevail in the shootout!

I had a feeling it would go clear into the shootout. I'm surprised it didn't go further than 3 shooters even.

Nice goaltending and lovely weather for hockey, LOL. Wish I had zambonis back when I was playing on the ponds. Instead we had a 4x8 sheet of plywood and 3 of us pushing, hehehe. Screw those little shovels .
Are the points of this game counted or is it just show?
#5 - th84
NHL? ....... National Homo League?

:bewarespa
Quote from deggis :Are the points of this game counted or is it just show?

Regular points game. Quite a lot of ice "fixing" during the game as well. I think they zambonied at least once in the middle of each period, as well as swapped ends at the half way mark in both the 3rd period and the 5 minute overtime period. It was crazy cool watching it snow during the game, and it snowed pretty good.

(hush up, th, you stalker.... )
I'm a Sens fan and I watched this game. It was a very good game. The one thing I didn't like was the end switching in the third and OT. That was BS.

As far as the snow, they wouldn't have that if they played in a city with no lake-effect snow .

NHL Winter Classic
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG