The online racing simulator
OMG !! What a poor RACE !!
hi all
ok ok ok this has gone far enough i dont know what happend to the rules
as soon as the race started, my Father Gets hit.. by a guy called pritit
and he lost it and flys in the wall trys to get back on the track to find
his car is badly badly damaged also he hit threejump which he is sorry for and he is very sorry about that as his car was damaged and lost controll totaly Sorry ThreeJump ( had to turn wheel around half way or more at least for it to go stright) so he carrys on to the pits in last
postion and gets his ca fixed and carrys on .. So he stays a man and
carrys on the race to the end and comes 11th i think anways .. he asked the guy who hits him .. what happend ?? , the guys says some1 hit me
which is true from behind in 1st bend but he had all readdy passed that and recoverd from it as alzys come round tge outside of him he turns in shuts the door on him and clips his front end which screws alzy race up !!
so basicly he diden even say sorry and at the end of the day even if he was sorry he hit him and thats that he should be balck flaged for it
Nothing was said ..
Onther thing happend the crapy bend eveyone scared of .. the danger one the jump with the 2 lovely walls everyone likes ..
theres a guy who gose though there hits the wall and flys like a bird
upside down on the wall .. as stated at the star you must specstate
if u are turned upside down (Its in the rules) this guy stays there till the end of the race dangering anyone else who passes and should have specstated also he says o guys some1 hit me illepall But u never guess what, he diden spec he broke the rules and should have spec
and the end of the race some1 hits him so he can finich ?? illepall
This ist allowed ?? he broke the rules should he get black flaged with a DNF. at the end of the day ALZY leaned the track worked at it got some nice times spend alot of time trying to win it at it all ends at first bend ?
why should he even bother wasteing his time maybe if the rules were
applyed in the race and not kicked out the window before it starts
ive had thoughts about racing it but after watch the last 2 races with my dad driveing when he gets the hit i dont think i should bother he gets taken out every race due to onther people !! at the end of the day
no matter how sorry they are they hit him they should get black flaged
u cant have any thing like ( oh did he do it on purpose ) u cant prove that rules need to be sorted ! and used not kicked out the window when it starts .. so then all his work and efford sets time all waste of time due to onther peoples shity driveing ( the guy diden say sorry even ) not taht it matters but at least he would have been decentd and man enough to say as alzy gon on T7R forum and said hes very very sorry that he hit threejump and his car was damaged at hard to contoll

Sorry threejump m8 your a fair clean driver !!
he did not mean to hit you very sorry !!
oh yes
yes!! was a bad race yes people nudge or bargeing there way thou. thank god it over
Hello Russraine,

If you formulate this as a formal complaint addressed to the Appeals Arbiter, then it will be assessed and a decision will be issued in due course.

I can see from the writing style that tempers are boiling... perhaps you could amend your post to make it understandable for someone who wasn't at this race.

Who is your dad?

Sincerely,

Solar Hydro, OLFSL Appeals Arbiter
This wasn't me Hydro
This must be another Russell. Russraine (me aka Johnathan Russ) whoever this guy is he's not me.

I'm in pool 5.

OOps, too many Russians, sorry

Solar Hydro
Quote from Solar Hydro :Who is your dad?

[400] Alzy

@ Russ: why can't Alzy tell this himself ?
It was rally, it was laggy, we knew in front the race could get sloppy..
Quote from GianniC :@ Russ: why can't Alzy tell this himself ?

I was just about to ask that too

We still have rules, but you must understand that we can't control anyone's driving. The track was hard, there were many crashes, and unfortunately lags too.

Anyway I think your dad can handle it himself..
hi all
right yes russell is my son, guilty as charged !
i think any of you that know him, know he has his own mind and opinion about things, and although i dont always agree with him have, never stopped him expressing his opinion..
he is not here now to ammend his post, but i will pass the message on when i see him..
just to say, his writing is confused in that post, as he always types toooo fast lol..
but he used to play lfs a lot in s1 and at the start of s2.. and when he did, he was one of the fastest guy's arround.. he helped teach gooden when he started, so dont think if you dont know him, when he say's he intended racing, that he is just some loser.. he has raced in league races before.. and was leader of (gtr) were sracer, owl, and holycow all started out...

[400] ALZY.
Quote from alzys177 :so dont think if you dont know him, when he say's he intended racing, that he is just some loser..

And where exactly did you get this idea?
Maybe it's my english, maybe not, but I must have missed it..

This is not about your son or his skills as a racer.. No one questioned that.
hi
were did i get what idea ?
all i was doing, as no one seemed to know him, was establish that he is a good racer and someone who is qualified to make comments, as he is someone who has raced in on line events before. rather than just some kid who knows nothing about lfs.

also you say this is not about my son or his skills as a racer?
can you tell me what it is about then? cause i dont know myself.. he has commented on the race because he felt strongly about it, and nobody knew him so i said who he is.. beyond that i am lost
Don't turn this into something it's not, please..

We all were just wondering why your son was the one complaining about the pool/accident you were in instead of you. That's all. No one is picking a fight, no one is questioning your driving skills or your son's. We were JUST wondering.

However, his way of impressing his opinion was a bit attacking.. I understand his frustration tho. I ALWAYS assume, that crashes like the one you were in are just accidents, until I get proof that it was in fact intentional. A crash alone isn't enough to give anyone a penalty, but if it's intentional or involves unsportsmanlike behaviour, then it's a whole different issue.

Solar Hydro spends hours watching the replays from various angles and usually he asks our opinion too before he makes a decision. So all together there are usually 4 people (me, FienDi, Solar Hydro and our member admin) who watch the replay. If there is a reason to give penalties, it will be done. Your son might want to take a look at our website; the rules and penalties. Maybe that will show him that we do have rules.. But we still can't control anyone's driving. Only the driver himself can.
hi again
ho well here we go again
i am not trying to make anything into anything, as i say, i was just explaining for thoses people who dont know Russ, who he is and his experiance in lfs..
as to why he commented not me, is, i had no reason to post on the forum about the race.. but he watched the race and felt strongly enough about it, to post his own opinion..
as i said i dont control him or try to.. he is his own person and has his own views..
he has read the rules and as he says , they say and you say anyone hitting someone off the track must be intentional.. which is fair enough, right up to the point, were it come's to knowing another persons intentions.. i can honestly say i cant mind read and doubt i will ever be able to

i was hit clean off the track twice on asc in the uf1, i appealed it and it was turned down, it was not intentional..

the question i think you must ask here is, if you let people get away with hitting other cars off the track weather it seems intentional or not, it tends to leave the flood gates wide open,, for "ho well it was an accident i did'ent mean it" both on asc and yesterday the people who hit me went on to finish in front of me, therefore gaining an advantage form, lets say there bad driving, or lack of driving ability..

now i would have thought that the whole point of a racing league would be to reward the faster and more skilled drivers, not the oppersite way round..?

anyway enough of this, i am starting to get drawn into this and did'ent want to be..

hope that explains Russ post.. if he is not allowed to comment because he does not take part.. just let me know and i'll tell him..

ALZY.
First off I'm clueless about the race..

Quote :both on asc and yesterday the people who hit me went on to finish in front of me, therefore gaining an advantage form, lets say there bad driving, or lack of driving ability..

Shouldn't these drivers be penalised on the grounds that they did not wait and let you retake your position in front of them after pushing you off (instead of accidentally pushing you off and waiting, in which case no penalty should be necessary)? I thought this is standard practice in organised races.
-
(Blackened) DELETED by Blackened
hmm...now i could ask...how the hell blackout didnt get DNF fromt the race 2 in pool 2...cause he was standing in same kind of place like i was in the race 1..and i got DNF for it. illepall and i really did'nt feel like i was in a dangerous place cause i was off the track on the grass...and rules do not forbid doing that if you are not in the other racers way... I just really wanted to get points for the race...it was my first OLFSL race but i have raced many samekind of races in lfs-suomi ...and btw the yellow flag area was something like 10meters at the place and i was helped to the finish after the race...just like blackout...so i'm just wondering how can the rules be different to other racers .

Those are very god races that OLFSL organizes and i will race lots of more of those..this race just went like shit for me i had wheel angle injuries in both races and i wasnt able to do good lap times in race 2..until i got my damages repaired..but it was too late then :cry:
#15 - nilo
Quote from Blackened :hmm...no i could ask...how the hell blackout didnt get DNF fromt the race 2 in pool 2...cause he was standing in same kind of place like i was in the race 1..and i got DNF for it. illepall and i really did'nt feel like i was in a dangerous place cause i was off the track on the grass...and rules don.t forbid doing that if you are not in the other racers way... I just really wanted to get points for the race...it was my first OLFSL race but i have raced many samekind of races in lfs-suomi ...and btw the yellow flag area was something like 10meters at the place and i was helped to the finish after the race...just like blackout...so i'm just wondering how can the rules be different to other racers .

Hi,

I vote for DNF for such incidents. If not, then we can allow resetting, too... (main argument there was realism... - have you ever seen a race where other racers pushing damaged cars over the finish line???)
Additionally you were indeed disturbing the race of racers, at least mine.

Nothing against you, only my opinion

keep racing
nilo
You shouldnt get DNF if I didnt got one I think, it would be fair.

Quote from nilo :(main argument there was realism... - have you ever seen a race where other racers pushing damaged cars over the finish line???)

I dont know how blackened finished but I was just "accidently" flipped back on 4 wheels And Fiendis told that normally these kind on finishes have been accepted

edit. oh, I once saw a race where car was pushed back to track from sand
hi guys
about this staying on the track while immoblised thing..
i must be honest and say i think it's wrong.. the only reason you stayed there was because you were hoping to be hit back onto your wheels.. if you bear that in mind it is clear you were in someones way and causing an obstruction on the track, not only that, but the area of the track were you were stopped was permantly under a yellow flag.. add to this they were both in areas were you could not see if the yellow was for you, or another accident that had happened since your crash.. and you have another accident waiting to happen .illepall
this will then involve another racer who may even be leading the race.. so lets be honest guys if it was you in the lead and you hit someone parked upside down on the track, would you be a bit pissed with them??
Both Blackened and Blackout have received DNF for the races in question.
Ok...it's allright for me but i think the rules have some points which can be used to turn this thing upside down..

Quote :Resetting of your vehicle is not allowed. If your vehicle should become inoperable due to flipping onto its roof, getting stuck in sand, being highsided on a guardrail, etc etc, you may not reset the car. You MAY choose to go into Spectate mode without penalty, which is also RECOMMENDED if your car is flipped over in or near the driving line. As LFS is becoming more realistic, so must its rules.

so actually racers do'nt have to go to spectate mode...they can just wait till they maybe get back on their wheels
Quote from alzys177 :i was hit clean off the track twice on asc in the uf1, i appealed it and it was turned down, it was not intentional..

the question i think you must ask here is, if you let people get away with hitting other cars off the track weather it seems intentional or not, it tends to leave the flood gates wide open,, for "ho well it was an accident i did'ent mean it" both on asc and yesterday the people who hit me went on to finish in front of me, therefore gaining an advantage form, lets say there bad driving, or lack of driving ability..

We do not let people "get away" with hitting other cars off the track. If you have understood so, please read the decision(s) and the rules again for you've obviously misunderstood something.

I did re-review the both accidents and in my point of view they are no different than the one that occured in FE5 event between you and [DB] Pedro Nunes in pool2 race on lap 13. I don't think it was your intention to spin his car? Accident like these are unfortunately part of racing, we can not stop it - neither can we penalize every shunt & bump. Or maybe we can, but it would be pointless.

I'm sure you understand this.
Quote from Blackened :so actually racers do'nt have to go to spectate mode...they can just wait till they maybe get back on their wheels

No, absolutely not.

And if you feel like it, you should file a complaint.

However, this - "if your car is flipped over in or near the driving line" - can be debated.
I have to admit it may have been wrong desission to stay there upside down. But if host would have asked me to go spectate I would have done it, but the place didnt seem so dangerous at the time, it wasnt on the line. Wasnt my day anyway
Quote from Blackout :I have to admit it may have been wrong desission to stay there upside down. But if host would have asked me to go spectate I would have done it, but the place didnt seem so dangerous at the time, it wasnt on the line. Wasnt my day anyway

Well, the rules recommend to spectate if you are in or near the driving line. Also, I have to say you (or Blackened) didn't cause any problems/disturbance for me.
Quote from alzys177 :.. so lets be honest guys if it was you in the lead and you hit someone parked upside down on the track, would you be a bit pissed with them??

Honestly? No, I wouln't be mad to driver of the flipped car. I would be mad to myself because I didtnt see that car or I ignored the yellow flags. In my opinion, its my fault if I hit a another car, it doesnt matter if the other car is driving or not. Yellow flags dont just work like in real life in LFS, nobody slows down because nobody is in real danger, and well...the flag system isnt perfect neither..not yet.
hi varjsa9
lololol i have told at least 10 people today it wont be long before someone brings up i hit a car yesterday.. congrats you win first prize ..
there are 2 reasons i did not stop and let pedro nunes go back past me as i usually would,
1 when me and fluid indi who were racing toghter caught him on the track he was running off the pace with hazzard flashers on..
as indie came up behind him he went wide on t1 and allowed indie to pass, then i came up behind him and spent half a lap or so waiting for the same oppertunity to be given to me..
then about a lap later he turned his hazzards off and started racing again, i thought this was a bit out of order as i could have tried harder to find a way past sooner but hey, that is but a trival matter, as we commenced racing, after the jump on the dirt i slid under braking into his rear , he was already partly sideways going into the right bend and i hit him arround a bit more,.. now it thought all this conversation we are now having in my head at that split second , as i knew i would be accused of having double standards.. but if you are enforcing the rules the way you are then i would be a fool to do anything but take my chance and pass him.. i said sorry to him at the time and appolgised again at the end of the race.. it was my fault and i hit him and at any other time i would wait for him to recover but i have lost enough places and points to your system so i must use it to my advantage to claw some back.. dont forget you benefited from this as well as you passed him and gained a place also..

just to add yes there is a differance between this and the other inceidents, this was a small hit under braking on mud, not a hit on tarmac, big enough to send me clean off the track.. if i had hit someone that hard i would wait regardless..
guess i am just a fool...
This thread is closed

OMG !! What a poor RACE !!
(35 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG