The online racing simulator
G25 wheel buttons and paddles not working
I just got my G25 for Christmas, and have a problem with the buttons and paddles on the wheel itself. None of them work unless the wheel is turned pretty far; sometimes turning 180 degrees works, other times it requires almost full 900 lock to work. I had a very similar experience with my Driving Force (not pro), but it was related to the Force Feedback and the angle it was trying to turn the wheel, not the actual position the wheel is turned like on this G25.

I'll add that all other buttons and functions work properly regardless of wheel position, just everything on the wheel itself is having the problem. I've tested in Logitech Profiler, Autohotkey, and the Game Properties thing in Control Panel in both XP and Vista; all don't detect the button being pressed until the wheel is turned far enough. The buttons sometimes do work normally for about 5 seconds, then it goes back to not working. Replugging it in makes no difference. The power supply is plugged in, the power light is fully lit, and everything else works fine at all times.

I think I have the latest version right off the Wingman site, dated 9/25/07. Is it maybe a problem with this latest beta?

I'm also noticing the gas pedal squeaks a little, and it's only been 4 days! And while I'm at it - the brake pedal is much too strong for my wheeled chair on tile (tried a loose carpet under and doesn't help much either, but it is pretty thin I guess), so I slide backwards when I need to brake, flying backwards when I clutch+brake. Any solutions to that?

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxUnlVUSS6Y

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG